Tennis is a power sport that demands expert working and co-ordination of both the upper and the lower limbs. While the hands concentrate on the racquet movement, the foot focuses on taking different moves on the tennis ground to return the ball. When there are certain problems with the foot and its digits, moving easily in the court can be trouble, and it can hurt the game.
Bunions are inflamed portions or swelling on the first big toe. It generally presents as a fluid-filled sac but can be accompanied by the protrusion and enlargement of the joints. Players with bunions should choose their tennis shoes accordingly so that they have tremendous support on the toe with ample toe room. Such cushioning supports will help them to play the game exceptionally well. Here are the top best tennis shoes for players with bunions here.
Table of Contents
- Best Tennis Shoes for Players with Bunions
- Top 7 Best Tennis Shoes for Bunions 2020
- #1. ASICS Gel-Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes
- #2. ASICS Women’s Gel Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes
- #3. ADIDAS Performance Women’s Barricade Team 4W Shoes
- #4. Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes
- #5. Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- #6. ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes
- #7. K-Swiss Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes
- Factors to Consider While Choosing Tennis Shoes for Bunions
- Final Words
Best Tennis Shoes for Players with Bunions
|Top 7 Tennis Shoes for Bunions||Editor Score||Price|
|#1. ASICS Gel-Resolution 6 Women’s Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. ASICS Women’s Gel Solution Speed 3 Tennis Shoes||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. AADIDAS Performance Women’s Barricade Team 4W Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#6. ASICS Men’s Gel-Game 6 Tennis Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#7. K-Swiss Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
Check out: Best Tennis Shoes for Wide Feet
Top 7 Best Tennis Shoes for Bunions 2020
The ASICS Gel-Resolution 6 tennis shoes are the pinnacle of the tennis line of shoes from ASICS. The Gel Resolution tennis shoes are the most popular model of shoes from the ASICS brand and it features an external heel counter with ample emphasis on stability and mid-foot support. The brand has kept to the expectation of its consumers and includes flexion fit construction to its mid-foot for lateral support. These shoes also brace to maximize the stability of the shoes for players with bunion while maintaining comfort. The midsole of these shoes features a FluidRide construction at the mid and the forefoot to help with expert cushioning and comfort under the foot.
The shoe is made of 100% synthetic material and it also features a rubber sole for utmost traction. This is indeed a lace-up athletic shoe that features flexion fit uppers for support and form-fitting comfort. Its Bunion specific cushioning at the midsole offers experts compression and support. The shoe also features a padded tongue and collar and its PGuard toe protector helps in rendering expert durability.
- The rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system attenuates shock
- It is possible to move in multiple planes with these shoes.
- The shoe also features a high abrasion, non-marking AHAR outsole.
- This re-designed sneaker runs smaller than its predecessors.
- Too tight at the front for players with a wide foot.
Must Check: Best Women’s Tennis Shoes Reviews
This is a beautiful women’s specific tennis shoe that can be used for players with bunion as well. The shoes are made from 100% synthetic material and they feature an imported rubber sole as well.
This shoe features a rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system that helps in attenuating shock during the impact and the toe-off phases. With the help of these shoes, players can enjoy exceptional movement in multiple planes, helping the foot to transition throughout the gait cycle.
The shoe features a PGuard toe protector to help the players get relieved of tension at the toe. Its proprietary flexion fit uppers help in form-fitting comfort, without having to sacrifice on support. The best feature of this shoe is the personal heel fit collar lining, which is indeed two layers of memory foam, that line the collar and mold at the athlete’s heel, thus creating a personalized fit. Its Solyte material helps in a lighter weight midsole compound than the standard EVA and SpEVA of ASICS. These features also help with enhanced cushioning and durability of these shoes.
- These shoes feature a low-profile design with seamless PU flexion fit uppers
- Solyte midsole helps in lightweight cushioning for a quicker response on the court
- Lightweight shoes and perfect for those players with the bunion.
- Narrow shoes that require players to buy a size up.
This is an expert tennis shoe that helps players to play with the utmost comfort and confidence on the court. Players with bunions would love this shoe, as it offers a lot of cushioning and concurrently reduces impact as well. These shoes render expert stability that the players would need and it will also render the expert comfort at the right places.
The shoe is made from 100% synthetic and leather material and it features an imported rubber sole. Being lightweight tennis shoes with a welded TPU three stripes and T-toe overlays these shoes are way too great at the tennis court. Its shock-absorbing adiprene technology softens the knee and joints from impact and offers expert cushioning for players to avoid bunions. These shoes also possess ultra-responsive adiprene plus foam cushioning to render ample support and cushioning for the players.
- The shoe renders an expert torsion system for adequate foot support.
- Its Adiwear court traction outsole offers credible support on all court surfaces.
- Fits great and offers expert support against bunions.
- The shoe doesn’t look attractive.
- It is important to choose shoes as per the sizing guidelines.
This is one of the best tennis shoes that allows tennis players to walk on the court at ease and attack the net at ease. These shoes feature a 360 -degree TPU support foil for excellent durability at the key abrasion areas and you can expect superior lateral stability with these shoes. These are thus considered the best shoes for tennis players with bunions. It is an extremely lightweight tennis shoe but is very aggressive on the court. Even aggressive players will appreciate the Torsion System of these shoes that also offers expert support with every lunge.
These shoes also feature full-length adiprene for excellent comfort and superior cushioning upon impact. This layer also helps with under the heel for additional cushioning. This adituff toe wraps around the medial forefoot and toe renders expert protection against foot drag. This is important to render tremendous protection during volleys, serves, and lateral movements.
- Its lightweight EVA midsole and 3d torsion help in adaptive midfoot support.
- The Adiwear outsole of these shoes offers ultimate high-wear durability.
- The Adiprene under the heel will render additional cushioning.
- The lacing system of these shoes is inadequate and is prone to break.
Check out: Best Men’s Tennis Shoes Reviews
This is one of the most comfortable tennis shoes from Nike for players with bunions. The new Men’s Nike Court Lite Tennis shoes feature the best combination of leather and a mesh upper, along with a Phylon midsole. The GDR outsole of these shoes renders lasting traction on hard court surfaces. The combination of the upper materials of these shoes helps with exceptional comfort while on the tennis ground.
All these features ensure that the shoes are durable, comfortable, and are stable. There is an additional layer of material on the toe area helps with resistance against abrasion. It is good to buy a size larger as these shoes run a size smaller for most of the players. Players will also love the breathability of these shoes, that is offered with its mesh tongue and of course, its GDR outsole renders exceptional traction for the players.
- Excellent footwear that offers excellent performance with a classic cut.
- Highly durable shoes that are simple to look at, with great traction.
- The GDR outsole of these shoes helps with a durable traction system.
- Can be used for both indoor and outdoor games, but they run very narrow and can be quite tight at the toe box.
- As the shoes are already narrow, they cannot accommodate any orthotics.
The ASICS Gel-Dedicate shoes work great for tennis players with bunions and feature a very cool design. It is also durable and helps players involved in court games with ample lateral support. The shoes are made of 100% synthetic material and feature a rubber sole. This solid rubber outsole helps in enhancing the durability and traction on different court surfaces. The shoes support your game tremendously, especially the backhand strokes and serve. You will love its lace-up closure and it also features a collar and a padded tongue.
This is an excellent shoe that helps in your backhand serves in the match and helps the players to stay comfortable throughout the match. The shoe features a molded foam foot-bed with a forefoot gel cushioning system. This helps in attenuating shock during the impact phase. Players will allow a smooth transition to midstance. The Trusstic system of these shoes reduces the weight of the sole unit without sacrificing its structural integrity. The shoes offer the most powerful performance on the court, featuring advanced technologies.
- It features a breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials.
- It features a comfortable fabric lining and featured a food bed with molded foam.
- It offers the best comfort and support right from the first serve in the match.
- These shoes are for hard courts.
The K-Swiss Men’s Tennis shoes are made of leather, synthetic, and textile material combination and feature a rubber sole and a removable insole. The K-Swiss Men’s Bigshot is a lightweight, stable, and comfortable shoe that renders a generous fit. These shoes render great support and stability and are built for avid player who is looking for great court performance at an exceptional value.
These shoes are engineered for great on-court performance at an affordable cost. These are great shoes for players who are developing their game skills and their footwork. The re-designed uppers of these shoes render more rigidity through the forefoot for better stability. The shoes also render more protection against bunions for aggressive tennis players. Its mid-foot shank resists unwanted twisting during lateral changes in direction and the durable outsole of these shoes is built for performing on any court surface.
- These shoes feature a credible fit and are slightly wide to render tremendous arch support.
- Its outsole features a herringbone tread pattern that offers good traction and durability.
- The shoes feature a narrow fit and its inner seams rub against the toes.
Factors to Consider While Choosing Tennis Shoes for Bunions
Those tennis players who have bunions know the pain of bearing and playing with it. They cannot afford to wear a shoe that is tight at the toes and shoes that are made from a stiff material. It is thus important to look for shoes that ease the pain off their bunion and support them to play the game expertly well.
Avoid shoes with pressure points: Our feet, in general, are not designed with a lot of fat. It is thus important to wear shoes that cushion and avoid shoes that create pressure over bony prominences. Wearing shoes that can irritate bunions can result in more serious conditions like arthritis.
Wide shoes: Bunions can be comfortable in shoes with a wide box and is made from soft materials such as fabric or soft leather.
Avoid shoes with heels: Shoes with high heels can enhance the pressure on the bunion and those with lower heels can help mitigate pain.
Avoid narrow and small shoes: Wearing shoes that are a misfit can result in the development of bunions. Those with bunions have a wide forefoot and even normal shoes can fit tight for them.
Those with bunions should choose several shoes and finalize the one that feels so comfortable for them. Comfort is subjective and personal and they may have to try many shoes before leveraging on the best option for them. There are several shoes available for tennis players with bunions and we have listed the best out of them here. We hope our guide helps you in picking up the best shoe to enhance your game skills to new levels.