HEAD is a leading name in the industry of tennis and Pickleball games. The entire line of HEAD Pickleball paddles was introduced in the year 2017 and the brand introduced eight paddles divided into two groups, namely extreme and radical. The paddles are available in vibrant colors and appeal to the game style of the players.
HEAD has incorporated the finest technologies in all its paddle range. All of them are 16” long except the XL model and all of them feature a polymer honeycomb core. The optimized tubular construction of the core of these paddles renders them the best shock absorbing capability and proficient gameplay. The average weight of these paddles is between 7.8 and 8.2 ounces, which is good enough for some quick spins without straining the arms. Let us discuss the specification of the five best Pickleball paddles from HEAD here.
Table of Contents
- Best Head Pickleball Paddles Comparison Table
- Top 5 Best HEAD Pickleball Paddles 2020 (Reviews)
- Some Important Points to Consider while Buying the HEAD Pickleball Paddles
- FAQs for Pickleball paddles from HEAD
- Why should you choose Pickleball paddle from HEAD over other brands?
- Final Words
Best Head Pickleball Paddles Comparison Table
|Best HEAD Pickleball Paddles||Weight||Price|
|#1. HEAD Radical Pro Textured Paddle||230 g / 8.1 oz||Check Price Here|
|#2. HEAD Radical Tour L Pickleball Paddle||225 g / 7.9 oz||Check Price Here|
|#3. HEAD Radical XL Pickleball Paddle||215 g / 7.6 oz||Check Price Here|
|#4. HEAD Extreme Tour Pickleball Paddle||215 g / 7.6 oz||Check Price Here|
|#5. HEAD Extreme Elite Pickleball Paddle||220 g / 7.8 oz||Check Price Here|
Related: Top 5 Best Rally Pickleball Paddles
Top 5 Best HEAD Pickleball Paddles 2020 (Reviews)
The Radical Pro textured paddle from HEAD features the revolutionary honeycomb polymer core with fiberglass surface. HEAD was the brand behind the successful inclusion of athletic equipment in the modern era. They bring their decades of experience in crafting the finest Pickleball paddle in the market.
These paddles feature a fiberglass hitting surface, for ample power and excellent feel. They are extremely lightweight and their fiberglass finish renders them an exceptional reflecting capability. Thus there is exceptional grip on the ball for excellent shot placement, giving a tough game for your opponent.
This paddle is designed for professionals as it takes advantage of the best technology of HEAD with its core construction. Its core consists of polypropylene honeycomb, paired with new ergo grip. Thus you can be sure to render the best shot on the ball every time with minimal vibration. Its extreme spin texture renders the ideal pop and feel of the game and the paddle is extremely lightweight and highly durable.
- Ultimate power Pickleball paddle for professionals.
- Dynamic power shape for a large sweet spot
- Thicker OTC honeycomb polymer core
- Fiberglass hitting surface with extreme spin technology for more pop
- Lengthy grip that measures 5”
- Good for intermediate and advanced players, and not for beginners.
The Radical Tour L is a lightweight carbon Pickleball paddle with the characteristic graphite hitting surface from the brand HEAD. Its graphite surface renders its characteristic feel while playing the game and offers exceptional control over the ball for the player. Extreme texturing on the paddle surface renders better grip on the ball and help with best spins and shot placements.
This paddle is tournament grade and has been designed for advanced players. Its polypropylene honeycomb core paired with its new Ergo Grip helps with perfect gameplay every time. Players experience very minimal vibration while taking shots. Also there is minimal fatigue and strain on the wrist and hands. The unique specifications of this paddle are as follows
- Materials: Polypropylene with graphite
- Length of the paddle: 16 inches
- Thickness: 13 mm
- Weight: 225 grams
- Grip size: 4 ¼ inches width and 107 mm length
- USAPA approved tournament-grade paddle
- Honeycomb core with graphite surface paddles
- Available in an attractive color
- Paddle cover is not available
- Paddle is slightly heavy
- Materials: Polypropylene and carbon fiber
- Thickness: 13 mm
- Weight: 215 grams / 7.6 ounce
- Length: 430 mm
- Grip Size: 4 ¼”
The one most important feature that falls in your eyes as soon as you see the Radical XL paddle from the HEAD is that it has a long and a wide face with ample sweet spot. The paddle is extremely versatile and player-friendly that you can get almost every single ball your opponent throws at you. This is a perfect paddle for beginners as you can get your serves, low balls, slices, and every single hit perfectly with your paddle.
The paddle comprises a polymer core that significantly reduces vibration and its graphite face adds a lot of spin to every ball. You will see your speed and reactivity increasing while playing with this paddle. This upgraded paddle weighs 7.9 ounce and thus generates ample strength for a power play. Its grip has an optimal circumference, which is good enough to fit the palm for some powerful wrist action.
- Wide surface with excellent reach
- Less vibration with powerful gameplay
- Perfect for amateurs and for serves and slices
- Grip does not have sweat absorbing capability
- The longest reach of the paddle might create problems with accuracy.
This paddle encompasses the best technologies of HEAD to create an extremely versatile experience for the players. Its carbon-graphite hitting surface renders an outstanding control and feel for the players. Its lightweight nature helps to return even the toughest balls at ease, enhancing the reacting time of the players. The best part of this paddle from the HEAD, which is not much felt with the other models, is a soft grip with is been crafted with EVA foam material. It helps in dampening vibration consistently and helps with excellent wrist motion.
The length of this paddle is about 16” and the grip Is 5” long with a medium circumference. This paddle is longer than average and renders the best reach and flexibility. The additional texture on the paddle surface helps with easier control and spin. This paddle is for intermediate and advanced Pickleball players who are serious about improving their game.
- A lightweight paddle that is pretty much easy to swing
- Graphite hitting surface that is highly responsive
- Optimized tubular core for vibration absorption
- The paddle focuses much on power and not on control
- The grip cannot dissipate sweat.
These are lightweight paddles with fiberglass hitting surface. These paddles render excellent feel and ample power for the player. The paddles have the HEAD’s patent polypropylene honeycomb core paired with a new Ergo grip, good enough to absorb vibration with every shot. Its soft grip and extra smooth hitting surface help to put the characteristic spin on the balls. The HEAD of the paddle has a taper to reduce wind resistance during the play. This also helps in reducing the weight of the paddle considerably.
The HEAD of the paddle features a diamond shape for more control and its OTC honeycomb core offers the perfect pop and feel to get the match going. This paddle lacks additional texturing that is available with the other paddles, thus extreme spins may not be possible with this. Thus, it appeals to beginners and intermediate Pickleball players. The paddle is extremely durable as it incorporates the most modern techniques to improve the Pickleball experience for the players.
- The highly responsive fiberglass hitting surface
- Extremely soft grip
- The paddle surface is smaller than usual
- The paddle has less texture than other models, this can affect spin abilities.
Some Important Points to Consider while Buying the HEAD Pickleball Paddles
The HEAD paddles are made in China and all of these paddles are similar to each other with very minute differences. The following are some of the important points to ascertain before investing in these paddles.
- Paddle face and shape:
The Extreme paddle line of the HEAD Pickleball paddles follows a diamond shape on the face and their corners are not rounded. The Radical paddle group, on the other hand, has a rounded face with a slightly tapered HEAD.
The face of the paddles from this brand is of graphite or fiberglass materials. The hitting surface of these paddles either has an ergo grip or a comfort grip, both being good enough to return balls across the net with a competitive spin.
- Grip styles:
The paddle line from HEAD features either a comfort grip or an ergo grip even at the handles. Paddles with the comfort grip are constructed of the EVA material, and they thus render the paddle a soft feel. They also decrease vibration considerably.
Paddles with ergo grip lack the additional foam cushioning and also lack the shock absorption properties.
- Weight of the paddles:
Almost all of the paddles from the brand HEAD are similar in weight. They have made their paddles at 8 ounces’ weight and claim that most of the players feel comfortable playing with a heavier paddle. Except for the Extreme tour, that belongs to the lightweight category and measures 7.6 oz., the rest of the weight of the paddle 8 oz.
Cost is the most important constraint while picking up the Pickleball paddle of choice. Most of the paddles from the HEAD are at the price range of $30. The elite models cost $59 and the tour paddles are priced at $89. But this is far less than some of the professional level paddles in the market that are priced between $120 – $150.
- Power and control:
If you are a power player, then choose paddles that belong to the radical line of the HEAD brand. These paddles are heavier on the HEAD and are thicker than the Elite line.
On the other hand, if you prefer control over power, then consider buying the Extreme line of paddles as their diamond shape helps with a better control-oriented line.
FAQs for Pickleball paddles from HEAD
The general rule with Pickleball paddles is that, the harder it is, the noisier it gets. But the paddles from HEAD have a very soft honeycomb construction in the middle and thus are not at all noisy. But they do give the characteristic pop that is associated with the game and makes it interesting.
Beginners can choose to buy the Radical XL paddle for its broad surface and ambient sweet spots. You can get confidence over the game by using this paddle.
These paddles are not comfortable for your opponent as their angle of deflection is very high and you tend to return some surprising shots before your opponent could anticipate. But for you, its EVA foam-filled grips are pretty much comfortable on the palms and the wider hitting surface helps you to approach the ball with much confidence.
Tennis elbow or epicondylitis is a common issue for all players indulging in paddle sports. It occurs owing to swinging a paddle consistently. We recommend that you swing the paddle appropriately after enough training.
Why should you choose Pickleball paddle from HEAD over other brands?
- HEAD is one of the premier brands that manufactures world-class tennis equipment. Though they are new to the Pickleball industry, they have some of the best paddles in place for some powerful game action.
- Most of the users of these paddles testimony on its durability and overall performance. The paddles constitute an excellent level of craftsmanship and appeal to places of all skill levels.
- The range of paddles from HEAD follows a unique approach. These paddles are diamond-shaped and they feature a tapered end to offer the best spin on the ball and to decrease dead spots on the paddle to a minimum.
- The Extreme line of paddles features a large sweet spot for the players along with exceptional control. These paddles are built for power and are an excellent option for those players who prefer power over control.
- The fiberglass hitting surface of paddlers offers more power for the players with their characteristic pop feel.
- All these paddles render a comfortable grip for some efficient wrist action without straining.
HEAD is a leading name in the industry of Pickleball paddles. Though it has been in the industry for only a few years it is already crafting some winning equipment for the sport. Their paddles are extremely durable with a large sweet spot, that doesn’t afford to miss any ball in the court.