For most of the tennis players, it is not just a mere game or hobby but is their passion and life. It brings them a lot of joy and fun and to add to the quality of the game, it is mandatory to find a suitable pair of tennis shoes. To run, jump, sprint, and slide from one side to another, it is mandatory to find a good pair of tennis shoes. We have reviewed the best women’s shoes here from leading brands to handle the demands of the sport.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Tennis Shoes for Women
- Top 10 Best Women’s Tennis Shoes 2020
- #1. ASICS Women’s Gel Dedicate 6 Tennis Shoes
- #2. Wilson Rush PRO 3.0 Tennis Women Shoes
- #3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Game 7 Tennis Shoes
- #4. ASICS Women’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes
- #5. ADIDAS Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Shoes
- #6. K-Swiss Women’s Tennis Shoes
- #7. ASICS Gel-Venture 5 Women’s Shoes
- #8. Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoes
- #9. ASICS Women’s Gel-Game Point Tennis Shoes
- #10. New Balance Women’s 896 V2 Tennis Shoes
- How Should Women’s Choose Tennis Shoe?
- When is the Right Time to Replace Tennis Shoes?
- Final Words
List of Best Tennis Shoes for Women
|Top 10 Women's Tennis Shoes||Editor Rating||Price|
|#1. ASICS Women’s Gel Dedicate 6 Tennis Shoes||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. Wilson Rush PRO 3.0 Tennis Women Shoes||9.6/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Game 7 Tennis Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. ASICS Women’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. ADIDAS Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#6. K-Swiss Women’s Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#7. ASICS Gel-Venture 5 Women’s Shoes||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#8. Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#9. ASICS Women’s Gel-Game Point Tennis Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#10. New Balance Women’s 896 V2 Tennis Shoes||8.9/10||Check Price Here|
Check out: Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Top 10 Best Women’s Tennis Shoes 2020
These tennis shoes will help the women tennis players to put in their powerful performance on the court with these Gel dedicate tennis shoes. These shoes will render all the comfort and support that you would require right from the first serve in the match. This women’s tennis shoes from ASICS features the most advanced technologies and helps you to put your most powerful performance on the court. The Gel technology of these shoes helps in additional comfort and cushioning especially at the forefoot.
The EVA midsole of these shoes helps in absorbing shock and in the increasing rebound, as you move around the court. The shoes also feature an EVA sock liner, that molds to the shape of the foot for exceptional comfort under the foot. Its Trusstic system component at the midfoot helps in additional stability and goes a great way in controlling torsion as well.
Nevertheless, this is an excellent shoe that helps you to make quick and shift changes in direction. The upper portion of these shoes features an additional lasting that helps to create additional comfort and stability. Being a comfortable and stylish pair of tennis shoes, they always get you game ready, anytime, anywhere.
- Users can remove the sock liner to accommodate a medical orthotic. The upper portion of the shoe is stitched around the EVA board and attaches to the midsole directly.
- The special lasting at the upper part of the shoes creates additional comfort and stability.
- The shoes have a narrow tip and couldn’t accommodate a wide foot
This is an attractive shoe that is available in bright orange color and looks great on the tennis ground. The shoe features a rubber sole and features a 4D support chassis limit supination and torsion to control the pivot movements in the tennis ground. You can expect some powerful strokes that help in creating superior stability. These shoes feature a minimal upper layer with engineered mesh for tremendous breathability, feel, and comfort, thanks to the Sesifeel 2.0 version of these shoes.
The Endofit feature of these shoes is responsible for rendering an enhanced comfort, stability, and intuitive fit for women tennis players in the court. The shoes also have a complete inner sock construction for comfort and a thorough fit. The shoe features an asymmetrical and elongated medial side TPU heel counter for offering a women’s specific support. These shoes also render the highest level of arch support and stability and its DF2 later offers a cushioned court feel rendering the best balance between comfort and performance.
- The shoes offer the ultimate performance and offer a lethal combination of stability and explosiveness.
- Its 4D support chassis controls deceleration and fosters propulsion for aggressive movements towards the net.
- Its lightweight engineered mesh uppers improve comfort and breathability.
- Not an ideal shoe for those with wide feet and bunions
Must Check: Best Wilson Tennis Racquets
This superior women’s tennis shoes feature a mesh upper layer with synthetic overlays. These shoes are capable of producing excellent stability and breathability on the forefoot, which is mandatory for a tough sport like tennis. The shoes feature a wide heel cage for better stability on the rear foot. There is also a large area of mesh uppers to help in reducing the weight on the foot and for rendering more breathability.
This is indeed a great shoe for women, for playing tennis. Its open mesh allows the foot to breathe as you tend to overheat your foot on the court. You can be sure to stay dry, cool, and comfortable all through the play. You need not worry about the sizing of these shoes, as they render the perfect fit for the suggested size. They are available in many unique colors and are thus pretty well enough to impress the users. You can easily break in the shoes and it will pay off with a good grip.
- The wide heel cage of the shoes renders better stability at the rear foot.
- The shoes feature a mesh upper with synthetic overlays for optimal comfort and stability
- You cannot expect much flexibility in these shoes, predominantly owing to their heavy rubber sole.
This is a beautiful shoe that is available in the ambient combination of blue and white colors. These shoes will surely be an eye-turner in the court. Its construction combines synthetic and meshes outlay and the shoe has a rubber sole for rendering tremendous grip. Its forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning system help in tremendous shock absorption irrespective of the quantum of impact in the court. The toe-off phases in the game will be as easy as a breeze with these shoes. You can enjoy easy movement in multiple planes with these shoes on.
The Impact guidance system technology of these ASICS shoes helps in enhancing the natural gait of the foot from heel-strike to toe-off features. Its Trusstic System Technology reduces the weight of the sole unit, while concurrently retaining the structural integrity of these shoes. The shoe also features a solyte midsole material which is a much lighter material compared with the EVA and SpEVA midsoles.
- The midsole enhances the durability and cushioning feature of these shoes
- The pGuard toe protector enhances the durability of the shoes, especially in the toe area.
- The shoes offer the best flexibility, support, and cushioning features
- The top of the shoe is plastic and cannot give way to create an additional room.
This is one of the best women’s tennis shoes, made from 100% textile, that is capable of cradling the foot of the user in comfort. These shoes indeed fit like a dream with their stretchy mesh upper layers. The memory foam sock liner and the cloud foam cushioning of these shoes double up to render an amazing step-in feel. The shoe is available in black and white colors and its upper portion is covered by mesh. Its stretchable two-tone mesh uppers and sock-like construction support the foot during the tough moves at the tennis game.
The shoe features the most comfortable textile lining and features a cushioned footbed. It also possesses a patterned and textured outsole and comes with three months’ warranty as well. Its flexible neoprene-like textile uppers help in easy breaking in and add to the comfort of the shoes. The Adidas logo is at the tongue and the back, to add to its elegance.
- Its cloudfoam memory sock line offers a superior step-in comfort for the foot.
- Its cloud foam midsole and outsole offer the best cushioning on the tennis court.
- The shoes are comfortable, but some users have complaints about durability, although it depends on the way players wear & use these shoes.
These high-end performance shoes are made from synthetic, textile, and molded polyurethane material. It features a textile collar lining and has a drag guard rubber outsole with a lace closure system. These shoes appeal to beginner tennis players, as it is lightweight, airy and features a generous fit. You can enjoy all-day comfort with these shoes as it is engineered to get the feet in the perfect position for the competitive tennis game. With these shoes on, you need not worry about your foot positioning in the court, as it aids tremendously in a quick and responsive play.
K-Swiss is known to render a wide variety of women’s tennis shoes and the mission of this brand is to inspire young minds in the tennis game. This is the best shoe for those who are looking for absolute performance with modern technology in their shoes. The inserts of these shoes are removable to accommodate orthotic inserts.
- The shoes run wide and can accommodate all types of foot
- Can accommodate a medical orthotic and features a huge toe box.
- The shoes wear well and are non-staining.
- Not sure if the shoes can withstand the toughness of a tennis court if you play at professional level, although a good choice for recreational women tennis players.
These are indeed unisex shoes that appeal to both men and women tennis players. The shoes are made from 100% synthetic material and they feature a rubber sole. They are manufactured for tough outdoor activities and feature a mesh and brushstroke patterned underlays. You can use them during tough activities without a doubt. The shoes also feature a rearfoot GEL cushioning system that helps in attenuating and absorbing shock.
The shoe also features a removable sock liner that is capable of accommodating a medical orthotic. These trail-specific tennis shoes have reverse traction lugs along with AHAR outsole rubber in critical areas that are prone to high wear and tear. Its rugged outsole and rearfoot gel cushioning system ensure that these shoes are ideal for a variety of terrains.
- These shoes render a great fit and are ideal for everyday comfort.
- These are great shoes on the trail and are great for people with wide feet.
- The shoes have some durability issues, specially with strenuous use.
This is an attractive and highly functional women’s tennis shoes that are available in silver and white colors. It features a rubber sole and its PRC 1000 outsole offers exceptional and unmatched durability for these shoes. Its wishbone shank helps in rendering exceptional midfoot stability. The Prince T22 tennis shoes offer exceptional support for the tennis players along with superior durability. The classic style of these shoes renders superior ventilation and the forefoot straps also improve the stability of these shoes.
The shoe also features a rash toe cap that renders exceptional abrasion protection, no matter how many hours the users wear these shoes. These shoes also feature an exceptional shock eraser midsole, that plays a major role in impact absorption. This is a shoe for those who look for good arch and ankle support. And as it runs wide at the toe area, it renders protection for the toe area as well.
- The shoe features exceptional durability and cushioning
- It is also very much breathable and features a flexible upper portion
- The shoes are wide; thus it is important to choose them appropriately.
These shoes are made of 100% synthetic material and it features a rearfoot gel cushioning system to attenuate shock. The shoe offers tremendous support during the impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to mid-stance. The shoes also have a synthetic leather upper portion that is easy to clean. This entry-level gel game point tennis shoe features a solid rubber outsole along with lateral wraps for excellent traction on the hard courts.
The shoes have a perfect combination of full-grain and synthetic leather uppers and are made on the same performance fitting last that has made these shoes quite popular. A rearfoot gel cushioning is featured in this lightweight injected EVA midsole of these shoes, that are apt for rendering expert comfort and cushioning. These shoes are designed for tennis players who seek traction and durability. Their solid rubber outsole is built to withstand even the toughest court. The midfoot Trusstic system technology helps with expert forefoot stability, that is essential for side to side shuffling during the game.
- These shoes are ideal for clay courts as they feature a herringbone pattern.
- The shoes are less stiff and appeal to women tennis players.
- It is good to choose shoes that are a half size up to create room for toes.
These shoes look awesome in its white peach and pigment colors, and it features a 100% synthetic imported rubber sole. These are great shoes for women’s tennis game and it features a wide toe box. They are extremely lightweight and helps in all moves, turns, and runs on the tennis court. The mesh and leather combination of these shoes renders it a classic and a modern look. The supportive comfort of these shoes will help in confident footwork on the court. These shoes are an excellent option for women tennis players who play the game quite often.
The 896 V2 makes use of a lightweight and flexible synthetic and mesh uppers so that the players are dry throughout the game. Its FamtomFit technology of these shoes is designed specifically to maintain a secure fit, even though the shoe is very light. The midsole features a REVlite innovative foam, that renders the responsiveness and durability.
- These shoes are wide and render expert comfort for the women tennis players.
- The shoe renders expert underfoot cushioning and stability.
- The shoes offer excellent durability in the high wear areas while the herringbone grip renders optimal traction and durability on hard court surfaces
- The shoes look pretty, but the toe box is too small to stay comfortable in the game.
Must Read: Tennis Rules: How to Play Tennis?
How Should Women’s Choose Tennis Shoe?
Tennis is an active court game that demands a lot of strenuous physical activity. Irrespective of one’s expert level in the game, choosing the best shoe is one of the first steps to excel in the game. There are several best brands of tennis shoes, from Adidas to ASICS and we have also discussed them in detail here. Here is a quick guide on how to choose the best tennis shoes that enhances the game level.
1. Choosing the shoe based on the type of court surface:
It is mandatory to choose tennis shoes based on the type of court. The tennis shoes are also designed based on the court surface such as hard, grass, and clay courts. Hard courts can be hard on the shoes as well and these shoes are generally non-marking to avoid damaging the surface. These shoes have strong shock attenuating properties and offer more cushioning to deliver comfort and support on hard surfaces.
Clay courts are softer and require a different type of shoes. They are composed of synthetic uppers and feature a herringbone tread pattern that doesn’t clog with clay. They render a specific grip that allows for sliding and they allow for speed and enhanced maneuverability.
The grass-court tennis shoes are designed in such a way that they prevent damage to the court and they render improved traction on a grass surface. Almost all shoes from leading brands that we have discussed here are capable of handling all these types of courts.
2. Choosing the tennis shoe based on the playing style:
The style of play is an important factor while choosing tennis shoes. Women tennis players require a shoe that features a durable sole, strong lateral support, and superior cushioning for optimal side to side movements. Irrespective of the playing style, it is important to find a shoe with a durable toe cap and improved flexibility for the feet.
3. Choosing the tennis shoe based on the foot type:
It is important to choose an ideal tennis shoe that matches the foot type. An ideal pair of shoes helps the players to perform at their best and avoid injury on the court.
Women tennis players with pronated feet will need shoes with superior lateral support, to avoid injury to the ankles and knees. Those with supinated feet have to invest in shoes that provide great shock absorption and greater flexibility, along with additional space for the heel. Players with even shoe wear can go great with all types of tennis shoes.
4. Choosing the shoe based on the brand name:
Tennis players should choose shoes from leading brands and there are tons of great brands to choose from such as Adidas, ASICS, Prince, New Balance, etc. These brands offer shoes with ambient varieties and features with cutting edge technology that has been engineered with minute details. Buying a branded shoe guarantees durability and the buyers will also get an extended guarantee with the product.
When is the Right Time to Replace Tennis Shoes?
Most tennis players and athletes will know that the right time to replace the tennis shoes is after 500 miles of wear. But is it possible to measure the miles of use of these shoes? Then, it is ideal to change the shoes to observe the signs of wear. Some signs that are shoe is failing are, slipping the court and succumbing to an injury, the appearance of a treaded pattern on the sole, and if smooth spots emerge on the shoes. If you have a habit of dragging the shoe’s toe forward to handle groundstrokes, then your shoes can undergo rapid wear. In such a case, it is important to replace the shoes frequently.
The game of tennis can be an absolute deficit without proper footwear. You have to do a lot of research in finding the shoe that best matches your style of the game. We hope our guide helps you in finding the apt shoe for your game.