If you are an intermediate-level table tennis player and looking to buy a racquet, there are many options you can choose from. There are racquets for all kinds of playing styles and abilities. It is important to choose one that suits and compliments your playing skills.
The right paddle can give a big fillip to your performance and help you advance to the next level. Our team has done thorough research of the paddles currently sold in the market. They have drawn up a list of the top 5 paddles for intermediate players. Here it is:
Best Table Tennis Paddles for Intermediate Players 2020
If you are an intermediate player, you can choose any of these best table tennis paddles.
|Best Ping Pong Paddles for Intermediates||Review||Price|
|#1 STIGA Pro Carbon Table Tennis Paddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2 Killerspin JET600 Ping Ping Paddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3 STIGA Evolution Table Tennis Racquet||Read Review||Check Price|
|#4 Palio Master 2 Table Tennis Paddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#5 Butterfly 603 Shakehand Table Tennis Racquet||Read Review||Check Price|
Now, let’s go through reviews of each product that we have listed in the table.
Table of Contents
- Best Table Tennis Paddles for Intermediate Players 2020
- Top 5 Best Table Tennis Racquets for Intermediate Players (Reviews)
Top 5 Best Table Tennis Racquets for Intermediate Players (Reviews)
Here are reviews of all the top 5 paddles that we think is best for intermediate ping pong players.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon has a 7-ply extra lightweight blade with 2.0mm sponge and S5 rubbers. It is integrated with two layers of high-performance carbon to make the blade more rigid and faster at responding to the opponent’s shots. This also increases the speed and power of shots.
- The rubber is IITF approved. So you can use this racquet to participate in competitive tournaments.
- The racquet is made with Nano Composite technology. This means you can play faster and generate more spin with the racquet because the rubber bonds are stronger, tighter and more cohesively joined.
- The racquet has a large number of extremely tiny air pockets in the super lightweight rubber. This allows for greater control over shots, more elasticity and higher speed of the shot. The technology used to design this feature is known as ACS technology and is a signature offering of STIGA.
- The paddle also uses Balsa technology. This means the center ply of the paddle is made of ultra light-weight balsa wood to afford the player better reaction time and speed.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon uses Crystal technology which hardens the blade surface using a kind of resin. As a result, the wood is more cohesive and compact,allowing the player to play speedier shots.
- The racquet is further equipped with WRB technology which is a combination of 3 special features namely: Weight Balance, Rate of Recovery and Ball Sensitivity.
- Weight Balance: Ensures the weight of the racquet is transferred to the point where it makes contact with the ball.
- Rate of Recovery: Reduction in blade weight affords better recovery after every stroke.
- Ball Sensitivity: Recess of the handle is placed strategically to give additional touch sensitivity.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon also has a Shock Dispersion Tube. This is essentially a hollow section of the handle that is strategically positioned to absorb the shockwaves produced when the ball hits the blade and distribute them evenly throughout the paddle.
- The handle of the racquet is heavy and concave pro.
- Performance score: Speed = 99. Spin = 100. Control = 80.
- Perfect for intermediate players, the STIGA Pro Carbon can also benefit beginners as it offers great control and consistency of shots.
- IITF approved.
- State-of-the-art technology.
- Ideal for intermediate players.
- Does not support soft shots.
- The handle may be slightly heavy and may have a rough feel.
- Not suitable for playing far from the table.
- The Killerspin JET Series was launched exclusively to cater to the needs of beginners, intermediates and recreational players. The rubbers and wood used in this collection are tough and durable and afford greater control and feel.
- The Killerspin JET600 is the most balanced paddle offered by Killerspin and is ideal for intermediate players. It has a 5-ply wooden blade made of 5 different layers of high-quality wood. It is lightweight and has a dense base. This increases the precision of ball placement and makes every shot power-packed.
- The paddle is made with 2.0mm Nitrx-4Z rubber which is IITF approved. This means you are legally allowed to participate in competitive professional leagues and tournaments using this paddle. Also, the premium rubbers offer a combination of soft feel and extra spring that is just perfect for hard-hitting players.
- The tacky blade offers good control and a fair amount of pace and spin. The 2.0mm sponge lets you place the ball precisely and consistently. The sticky rubber gives more control over topspin shots. It also supports defensive players.
- The paddle has a flared handle and is designed for a shakehand grip.
- It weighs 6.4 ounces (182 grams). Hence, it is heavier than most paddles.
- As a result of the weight of the racquet and a flared handle, the racquet maintains a good aggressive balance that shifts the weight to the head of the racquet.
- The performance score is: Speed = 8. Spin = 9. Control = 8.5.
- The paddle comes in a combination of red and black.
- It has a 30-day warranty.
- The Killerspin JET600comes in a smart convenient carton.
- IITF approved rubber
- Nitrx-4Z rubbers offer great control and consistency of shots.
- Ideal for intermediate players.
- Lacks protective side tape.
- The blade does not have carbon.
- The STIGA Evolution has a 6-ply lightweight blade with 2.0mm Premium Rubber. The Premium Rubber is exclusively designed to augment pace of shots and add extra spin. It is faster than most premade rubbers used in paddles. The STIGA Evolution is a performance-level paddle ideal for beginners as well as intermediate players.
- The paddle’s blade had a Shock Dispersion Tube (SDT). The SDT is a long and narrow hollow region inside the handle that is strategically placed to absorb the shockwaves produced when the ball hits the blade and distribute them evenly throughout the paddle.
- The paddle is approved by IITF so you can play in professional leagues and tournaments with it.
- The sponge of the paddle allows the player to control and return slams more easily. Also, it ensures accuracy and consistency of ball placement.
- The STIGA Evolution uses WRB technology which is a combination of 3 special features namely: Weight Balance, Rate of Recovery and Ball Sensitivity.
- Weight Balance: Weight of the paddle shifts to the point where the ball hits it. Also, the weight is more near the head than the base. This is beneficial for defensive players who play close to the table as it allows them to apply chops to generate backspin on the ball. However, this may not be very favorable for offensive players with an aggressive style as they tend to play farther from the table.
- The rate of Recovery affords better recovery after every stroke due to reduced paddle weight.
- Ball Sensitivity means the recess of the handle is placed strategically to give additional touch sensitivity.
- The STIGA Evolution also has Crystal technology which hardens the blade surface using a kind of resin. This boosts the pace of shots.
- The paddle uses Nano Composite technology which ensures tighter and stronger rubber bonds to give you more speed and spin on the ball.
- The STIGA Evolution is further equipped with ACS technology under which the super lightweight rubbers are embedded with numerous extremely tiny air pockets to afford greater control over shots, more elasticity, and better speed.
- STIGA Evolution’sperformance scoreis: Speed = 96. Spin = 94. Control = 90.
- Product dimensions are: 12” x 7.3” x 2.8”. The paddle weighs 6.4ounces.
- IITF approved Premium rubber.
- Made with advanced technology.
- Excellent for defensive players.
- Not very suitable for aggressive players.
- Lacks extra protection on the side of the blade against damages.
- The Palio Master 2 is the product of a special collaboration between Palio and Expert Table Tennis. The wooden blade is designed to give greater control while delivering powerful shots. It is perfect for beginners aiming to move to the next level and play more competitively.
- It is IITF approved. So you can use it to play in professional tournaments.
- The paddle is made with CJ8000 tacky rubbers that afford great control while generating impressive amounts of spin including topspin, backspin, and sidespin.
- The paddle has a flared handle for a comfortable grip.
- The product comes with a free paddle cover.
- Its dimensions are: 11” x 7.3” x 1.1”. It weighs 8.5 ounces.
- Performance score of the Palio Master 2 is: Speed = 8/10. Spin = 9/10. Control = 8/10.
- Price wise, the Palio Mater 2 is slightly cheaper than the top end Palio Legend 2 and costlier than the beginner-level Palio Expert 2.
- In terms of speed, it is faster than the Palio Expert 2 but slower than Legend 2.
- It has great balance too. It lets you play spin defense with great precision. It is a forgiving racquet and does not penalize the player in case the technique is not perfect. Thus, it is ideal for intermediate players as well as beginners who are learning the ropes of the sport.
- All in all, the Palio Mater 2 is a great paddle. It has excellent spin and control and scores well on speed too. It is an all-rounder paddle.
- IITF approved paddle rubber.
- Brilliant spin, great control.
- Perfect for intermediate players.
- May lack in pace.
- Some customers have complained that the glue used is in the paddle is not good. When the edge of the rubber was pressed, the layers separated.
- Butterfly has been crafting table tennis racquets for over 40 years. They are one of the best in the industry. They have been consistently turning out some excellent professional paddles and the Butterfly 603 Shakehand is one of them. It is one of the best paddles for intermediate players looking to up their game and advance to the next level.
- The Butterfly 603 Shakehand is made with Wakaba Rubber on both sides. There is a 2.1 red rubber on one face and on the other a 1.9 black rubber. They are highly durable and do not get damaged easily. The rubbers are very sticky and offer superior control over shots. This makes the paddle ideal for learners as well as intermediate players who need to have more control over their game.
- The paddle also has a 2.0mm sponge layer. The hard sponge is designed to deliver speedier shots.
- The racquet also produces powerful forehand and backhand shots. The sponge allows for an impressive topspin attack.
- The paddle includes a free paddle cover with a good quality zipper. The entire product comes enclosed in a smart gift carton with a magnetic case cover.
- It has a flared handle for greater comfort of grip. The paddle is made for a shakehand grip.
- The tacky Wakaba rubbers generate great spin on the ball. It is great for making forehand and backhand chops. Also, it is great with topspins, looping and blocking the ball close to the table. Generally, this paddle favors a defensive style of play. Players who play aggressively i.e. away from the table may find it a little difficult to put power into their topspins and loops.
- The paddle is black and red in color.
- It weighs 1.6 pounds. Its dimensions are 14” x 12” x 6”.
- Performance score: Speed = 82. Spin = 90. Control = 85.
- In terms of price, the Butterfly 603 is affordable.
- It comes with a 30-day warranty.
- Great spin and control.
- Made for shake hand grip
- Ideal for intermediate players.
- Attractive packaging.
- Free good quality paddle cover.
- Some customers have complained that the paddle is a little too lightweight and feels hollow.
- Not very suitable for aggressive players.
Also, Check these Posts:-
- Top 15 Best Ping Pong Paddle Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best Table Tennis Paddles for Spin
- Top 5 Best Table Tennis Paddles for Beginners