The slowpitch softball bats are generally 34 inches in length and they are made from carbon fiber composite material. These softball bats weigh between 25 and 30 ounces in weight and have a bat diameter of about 2.25 inches. A prompt softball bat is capable of propelling softballs at great distances. There are several renowned brands such as Miken, Louisville, Easton, and Combat when it comes to softball bats and we have explained them here to help you in your buying choice.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Slowpitch Softball Bats 2021
- Top 10 Best Slowpitch Softball Bat Reviews
- #1. EASTON Rival Slow-pitch Softball Bat
- #2. Miken DC41 Supermax Slowpitch Softball Bat
- #3. EASTON Hammer Slow-pitch Softball Bat 2021
- #4. Louisville Slugger Super Z1000 Endload Slowpitch Bat
- #5. Louisville Slugger Maple MSB3 Slowpitch Bat
- #6. Wilson Sporting Goods Flipper USA Softball Bat
- #7. Anderson Ambush Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat
- #8. Mizuno Crush-End Load Slowpitch Softball Bat
- #9. DeMarini Steel All Association Slowpitch Bat
- #10. Worth EST Hybrid Slowpitch Bat
- How Should You Choose Your Slowpitch Softball Bat?
- Final Words
List of Best Slowpitch Softball Bats 2021
|Best Slowpitch Softball Bats||Editor Score||Price|
|#1. EASTON Rival Slow-pitch Softball Bat||9.7/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. Miken DC41 Supermax Slowpitch Softball Bat||9.7/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. EASTON Hammer Slow-pitch Softball Bat||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. Louisville Slugger Super Z1000 Endload Slowpitch Bat||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. Louisville Slugger Maple MSB3 Slowpitch Bat||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#6. Wilson Sporting Goods Flipper USA Softball Bat||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#7. Anderson Ambush Composite Slowpitch Softball Bat||8.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#8. Mizuno Crush-End Load Slowpitch Softball Bat||8.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#9. DeMarini Steel All Association Slowpitch Bat||8.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#10. Worth EST Hybrid Slowpitch Bat||8/10||Check Price Here|
Check Out: Top 10 Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
Top 10 Best Slowpitch Softball Bat Reviews
The Easton Rival slow pitch softball bat is composed of a single piece of Aluminum and is power loaded with ALX50 Alloy material. It features a 12-inch barrel and has certification from 1.20 BPF. The bat is approved for play at the ASA, ISF, NSA, ISA, and the USSSA tournaments.
The bat features military-grade aluminum alloy material and has extended durability while it’s even balanced speed design features a 12-inch barrel that gets players tremendous control and power. The dimensions of this bat are about 15 x 5 x 9 inches and the weight of this bat is about two pounds.
This bat features an all sports bat grip and a balanced swing weight. Players benefit from its ultra-thin 29/32” handle and its 12” barrel length. The bat also comes with a one year warranty from its manufacturers.
- Evenly balanced and powerful bat
- Crafted from military-grade aluminum alloy
- Helps with fast swing speeds with its large sweet spots
- Helps with ambient power and control
- The bat doesn’t have a pop; it feels like hitting a dumb lamp post.
This is an excellent special edition softball bat that is designed for adults, to play both competitive and recreational slowpitch softball game. The Miken USSSA Supermax slowpitch softball bat enhances both the hitting distance and the bat speed. The bat has an extended sweet spot and an enhanced flex. It renders a 14-inch batter, and a F2P Barrel Flex Technology and also a revolutionary 100 COMP composite fiber.
The bat also features exceptional durability and ambient performance. This signature softball bat features a two-piece composite material. It is sure to render the necessary confidence when the player steps up to the plate. The softball bat features a 2.25-inch barrel diameter, a 14-inch barrel length, and a 27 oz. bat weight. The bat is approved for play in all leading tournaments such as NSA, ISA, and the USSSA leagues. The bat renders an excellent wrapper just out of the box and is indeed an amazing bat that offers the best batting practice.
- Signature series USSSA bat with 1 oz. end load.
- The bat delivers new technology ensuring maximum performance and extreme barrel flex.
- Visually appealing bat.
- The grip of the bat is too thin and slippery
The Easton hammer slowpitch softball bat comprises a one-piece aluminum and is made from a military-grade aluminum alloy material. The bat features a 12-inch batter and is approved for all tournament-grade games. It is certified by the ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISF, and the ISA. As this bat is composed of durable aluminum alloy for extended durability, it provides players with ambient power and control.
The bat encompasses an evenly balanced speed design with an end cap along with an ultra-thin 29/32” handle. Players love its all-sports grip that comes handy for the toughest of all the softball games. The ball also comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty and has the tournament-grade ISF swing weight.
- The bat features an excellent pop
- The bat feels very light and is very good for the price.
- The solid bat that helps with excellent shots.
- Feels great when one hits the sweet spot
- Excellent bat for non-power hitters
- Not an ideal bat for professional players, whereas novice players can benefit from it.
The Louisville Slugger 2019 endload slowpitch softball bat features an exclusive and quick break-in design for an ambient game-ready performance, just right out of the wrapper. The bat features an X-Stiff technology along with two-piece construction, rendering it a stiff feel for enhanced energy transfer.
Its end load swing weight helps with supreme energy transfer along with an enhanced power contact. Its 7/8” tapered handle along with its new thinner synthetic leather grip helps in maximizing control. Its removable pyramid grip helps with superior grip and comfort and this can be used as a slowpitch bat, baseball bat, and also as a composite bat.
Louisville Slugger is an important name that is associated only with the best of bats in the baseball game. The bat helps with unparalleled performance in the hands of the players, spread all over the world. With their constant innovation and dedication, they have engineered products designed to help each player at the plate.
- The bat adds a lot of pop to the swing
- Bat has two-pitch construction along with a stiffer feel.
- Game-ready bat with an ambient performance out of the box.
- Slightly Costly
- Good bat for beginners, and doesn’t appeal for advanced players.
The Louisville Slugger Maple slow pitch softball bat is made of high-quality Maple wood and helps in high-quality swings at the pitch. This bat is crafted from high-quality solid maple and is the bat of choice by the major league players. Its maple construction appeals to many players and vouches for the hardness of the material and complete lack of flex. Thus with the help of this bat, you can get the ball travel further, with contact.
This slow pitch baseball bat is the perfect choice for an adult player. The ends of the bat are uncapped, rendering it a heavy feel for power hitters. The gray stain and the regular finish of these bats enhance the ambience and game action of the bats.
This bat has been developed with a dense and a hard-hitting surface and helps to maximize contact at the plate. The Louisville Sluggers Maple slow pitch bat is a perfect tool for experienced hitters, who are looking to drive the ball with consistency.
- The Maple construction of the bat delivers a dense feel
- Boats a hard-hitting surface with a minimal flex
- Features a balanced design with consistent control through the zone
- The bat doesn’t have approval from ASA.
The Flipper USA makes use of the Demarini’s Divergence composite technology to enhance and extend the sweet spot at the barrel of the bat. As it is paired with a super stiff znx alloy handle, it serves as an exceptional bat for the softball game. This slowpitch softball bat features a 12- inch divergence barrel that comprises of a gapped barren design to create exceptional and maximum softness and trampoline effect.
The znx alloy handle of the bat helps in enhancing its durability and stiffness. This handle also flexes less and forces the barrel to deflect more for increased overall barrel performance. The bat features a half and half two-piece design and is designed and approved in the USA. It is an extremely well-made bat that amazes the players with its beautiful swing.
- A well-made bat that renders fantastic power for the players on the pitch.
- Gives a nice toss on the ball that simply flies off the bat.
- Quality and an affordable bat.
- Its pop is not as good as it should be.
The Anderson Ambush two-piece composite bat renders players the right balance of power along with speed at the pitch. As the bat features a thin whip handle, it is capable of generating more bat speed through the hitting area. As these bats feature multiple layers of composite, it is capable of rendering the best possible performance that the league permits.
The bat is also packed with ample weight at the sweet spot, to create a massive exit speed, when the players create contact with the sweet spot of the bat. Even with less inertia, the players can swing the bat effectively, without spending much of additional energy. Its strengthened and lightweight end cap helps in supporting the barrel performance and its two-piece multi-layered composite enhances its durability and performance.
- The bat features an ultra-thin whip handle for ambient bat speed
- The bat is balanced with its 2 ¼” barrel diameter.
- It features a 14-inch barrel length with an effective hitting surface.
- The bat meets BPF 1.20 standards and is approved for tournament level play.
- Not an economical option.
The black Onyx carbon crush end load slowpitch softball bat features exceptional durability along with a short break-in period. It features a two-piece link that helps to significantly reduce vibrations on the hands. The bat also renders an amazing feel of solid contact at every ball. The triple wall construction of the bat ensures higher peak performance right out of the wrapper. The bat also features a large sweet spot to help with more power and forgiveness.
The bat also features an end-loading swing weight for maximum swing distance and its cylinder seaming pattern helps with consistent performance and durability across the barrel of the bat. The length of the barrel is about 12 inches, whereas the thickness of the bat’s barrel is about 2 ¼”. The bat features a two-piece composite construction and it is approved for play in the NSA, ISA, and the USSSA.
- Cylinder seaming process with an end-loaded swing weight
- Its 2-piece link technique helps to reduce vibration
- The bat features a Micro-whip Grip for improved feel.
- The end cap is also optimized for a huge sweet spot.
- The bat is USSSA approved and is thus not allowed in the ASA tournaments.
The new 2021 DeMarini steel slowpitch bat has been forged in fire. It goes through a patented and proprietary patented heat-treatment process to harden the barrel so that the carburized steel barrel enhances its durability and performance like never before. Thus softball bat features a ZNX alloy handle that helps in enhancing the durability, stiffness, and flex of the barrel. The bat also has a higher degree of deflection to enhance the overall performance of the barrel.
This softball ball has been made specifically for leagues and tournaments that don’t allow multi-wall and composite barrels. The steel component of the bat is hardened at its best and the pitchers would dread its sounds. The bat comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty from DeMarini.
- The bat has been constructed with the help of a patented head treating process.
- Features a single-wall carburized steel barrel.
- Its carburized seamless drawn steel improves performance
- The highly durable bat that is ideal for leagues and tournaments.
The Worth’s EST hybrid slowpitch bat is of the size 12.5” XL and is approved by the USSSA tournaments. Worth’s 220 has an ambient amount of carbon fiber that is utilized in the barrel of the bat to enhance its sweet spot and to maximize the performance. Its 100% carbon fiber barrel provides a lighter weight and it is thus a durable barrel that renders an unmatched performance.
The ultra-thin flex 50 handle of this bat helps with an unmatched whip and feel, and this bat is made in the USA. As its bat has been created with a preferred flex, acoustics, and a proprietary extrusion process, it delivers the necessary performance and feels with ambient durability with every swing. The bat is made in the USA and it comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. The bat is approved for play in the NSA, USSSA, and the ISA tournament gameplays.
- The Worth XL has an ambient end weight and exceptional grip.
- Features a 12.5-inch barrel length with XL end load.
- X-Tro Flex alloy handle with player preferred flex.
- It holds a proprietary extrusion process that delivers exceptional feel and performance.
- Not suitable to professional players.
Related Reading: Best Slowpitch Softball Bats for Power Hitters
How Should You Choose Your Slowpitch Softball Bat?
1. Size of the bat:
The player can succeed at the plate if he is capable of making consistent hard contact against the live pitching. In order to achieve this, it is mandatory to swing the right bat at the optimal size. A bat that is long enough to cover the strike zone and is light enough to swing with ease and heavy enough to generate power is the most optimal one.
2. length of the bat:
The length of the bat is its measure from the knob to the end cap. A longer bat will render a greater reach, allowing the players to hit the ball at the outer side of the plate. Longer bats also have more mass towards the end of the bat, and thus require more power to swing. Players should choose the bat with an ideal combination of length and weight to reach the peak performance.
3. Weight of the bat:
The weight of the bat is measured in ounces. And the bat’s weight is often tied with its weight drop. The weight drop is its length in inches against the weight in ounces.
4. Barrel length and diameter:
Almost all of the slow pitch softball bats have a barrel diameter of 2 ¼” and players who are looking to swing for the fence should look for a bat that is about 28 to 30 ounce in the weight range. Smaller and average size players who are looking for more bat speed should use a bat that is in the weight range of 25 to 27 oz. Generally, the slow pitch bats are 34 inches long and their weight is between 26 and 30 ounces.
5. Balanced vs end-loaded bats:
The total weight of the balanced bats is evenly distributed throughout the length of the bat from the knob to the end cap. On the other hand, end-loaded bats have their weight oriented at the end of the bat. The end-loaded bats have an additional mass in the barrel so that the player can generate more momentum through their swing for greater distance upon contact.
It is important to choose league-approved softball bats for the tournaments to avoid penalties. It is important that the softball bat that you choose exceeds the 1.21 BPF rating, and should not be having any dents, cracks, or show a lot of wear. Players have to bear in mind that the altered modeled slow pitch softball bats can invite a ban of 2-5 years from the authorities.