Ping Pong being one of the top sports in the world, gives you many options to choose from when it comes to tables under $200, so here are some of the awesome ping pong tables under 200 bucks.
|Best Ping Pong Table Under $200||Price|
|#1. MD Sports Regulation Ping Pong Table||108”L x 60”W x 30”H||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table||72”L x 36”W x 30”H||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. STIGA Space Saver Compact Table Tennis Table||71”L x 40.5”W x 30”H||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. MD Sports Official Size Table Tennis Table||108”L x 60”W x 30”H||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#5. Franklin Sports Midsize Table Tennis Table||72”L x 36”W x 30”H||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Also known as the Ping Pong Table game, Table Tennis is a sport playable by 2-4 players. The game is played on a hard table surface divided by a net. Players use a lightweight ball and small rackets to hit the ball back and forth across the table. The game is governed by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
When buying a Ping Pong Ball table, there are few pertinent factors one must consider as it would determine the quality of your game in the long run. Some of these include:
- Table Size
- Table legs support
- The tabletop leveling
- The net and its attachments
Table of Contents
Best Ping Pong Table Under $200
Players ready to buy a Ping Pong Table can take a look at the few products lined up below before making a comprehensive choice. All the reviewed Ping-Pong tables featured here are available under $200.
- Can be used by both new and expert players
- Portable and can be placed easily in the garage space, garden or games room
- Reasonably priced
- Standard size table
- Looks good
- It may take a little effort and time to assemble the product than expected
- Not the highest quality available in the market
- Table Size: 15 mm tabletop
- 1 1/8” apron
- Dimensions: 108”L x 60”W x 30”H
- Weight: 121.5 lbs.
- Guarantee: Refund guaranteed within 30 days
- Colour: Available in a combination of Black and Light Blue
The Table Tennis Set, Regulation Ping Pong with Net from MD Sports is an eight set that comes packaged with a tournament size table, removable net, 2 posts, 2 paddles, and 2 ping pong balls. The perfectly sized, portable table is apt for players who want to set it up anywhere.
With a black top and light blue-hued rim, the table dons a smart look fit to be used universally. The table does not take much space and fulfills swift action play wherever placed. The resilient tabletop works well for the ball to bounce while the apron around the table adds to its stability and support. The table can be unfolded easily and set up for playing with its easy to place net.
The table is apt for players looking for a fast-paced game. All age groups of players can use the Regulation Ping Pong Table from MD Sports attributed to its versatile make. This almost ready-to-play model comes with a guarantee of a money refund from the company in case it fails to meet player satisfaction.
- 100% pre-assembled table unit required no assembly
- 2/3rd the size of a standard ping pong table though the height is similar to that of a regulation-sized table
- Great for beginners, especially kids
- The free-standing table halves can be used for other purposes
- The multi-purpose table could be prone to easy damage if not taken care of
- The price is on a slightly higher edge compared to some regulation-sized models available in the market
- Does not include the ping pong balls or paddles
- Not an ideal table for experienced players or competitive table tennis gaming.
- This model is not approved by the ITTF as it’s not a standard-sized table.
- Table dimensions: 72L x 36W x 30H inches
- Storage dimensions: 36 x 36 inches
- Weight: 62 pounds
For players searching for a compact Ping-Pong ball table of a portable size with a storable feature, the JOOLA Midsize Compact Table Tennis table could serve you best. The model is designed in a perfect square shape enabling it to be split into two equal halves when unfolded for the stage. The unique table is constructed in a manner to be used for other purposes when not in play. The detachable table legs can be folded and packed under your bed or put away anywhere.
The table from JOOLA is lightweight and can be carried easily to picnics. The standard height, smaller surface space add-on to its features for it can be used by children and adults alike. The spread of the table gives the feel of playing on a regulation-sized table.
The exclusive thing about this model is that it requires no special assembly as it comes pre-assembled. It comes with a net and a pose set. All you need to do is unfold the table legs and attach the net included in the set to start playing your Ping-Pong game. The brand has been a supplier of ping pong tables for the Olympic game for several years.
- The Multiple-use table can be used for playing other board games or card games
- The table corners come with bumpers which act as a safety feature for children
- The table size makes it closet ready enabling easy storage.
- The mid-sized table is perfect for recreational play
- Small but mighty Ping Pong table
- The table can be used at office spaces or homes conveniently. It can fit under the bed or in any standard closet.
- Lightweight and portable
- Probably one of the cheapest available from STIGA
- The independent table design with separable halves contributes to its multi-purpose use
- Made of durable material
- Ideal for children
- Assembly is super easy
- The table size is small and not suitable for professional players and is not approved by ITTF.
- Dimensions Play position: L 71” x W 40.5” X H 30
- Tabletop: 5/8”, composed of MDF
- Leg length: 1.25”
- Dimensions Storage Position (Combined folded): L: 35.5” W: 40.5” H: 3.6”.
Rated as one of the highest quality Ping Pong tables available in the market, the STIGA Space Saver Compact Table Tennis Table is priced affordably for a quick buy. Constructed with MDF material and finished with a roller coat, the table bears a leveled and glazed surface.
The Silkscreen stripes printed on the table-top gives this Ping Pong table a glitzy finish. The legs and the apron are made of steel and have welded levelers to ensure security. The table is portable and can be conveniently stored. It serves as a mini ping pong table that can be used for a real-time fun game with players hitting hard and fast shots. The net is made of durable material.
Marketed as a table to serve multiple purposes, you can use it for playing card games too. A perfectly designed model from a renowned brand, the STIGA Space Saver Table is ideal for limited indoor spaces. Despite its miniature size, the table makes full allowance for honing skills and works as a great practice table before you get on to facing competition on a full-size ping pong table.
- The freestanding multi-purpose table allows for optimum flexibility and multipurpose usage
- The Silkscreen Table Top printing lends it a perfect finish
- Comes with molded leg levelers that enable adjusting the table height and prevents the floor from getting scratched
- The steel apron is finished with white powder coating giving it a stylish look
- The table net is small-sized in design with the table width. The post is easily attachable lending the table net a tight fit ensured by the adjustable tension on the strings.
- The PVC finish lends a waterproof layer that protects the table surface from easy getting warped
- It’s a tournament size table
- It is a little challenging to assemble the set
- Playfield: 15mm
- Material: PVC, Steel, PB
- Aprons: 1-1/8”
- Table legs: Steel, 1-1/4” diameter
- Product dimensions (assembled): 108″L x 60″W x 30″H
- Weight: 138.89 lbs
- Rust and scratch-resistant
- Warranty: 90-day limited warranty
The official size table tennis tabled from MD Sports comes with a 15mm tabletop and 1.38” aprons. The tabletop with apt thickness provides a great bounce enabling an authentic playing experience. The aprons not only make for additional support but also help prevent any incidence of injury when you are under the table to pick the ball.
The tournament-grade table is an easily foldable one and serves as a great practice board for single player action. This feature also doubles up for easy storage. The table can be locked from one side to enable the playback and single player mode. Hued in Black and Blue, the Ping-Pong table looks classic and sporty. The model is also available in Black and Yellow. A flawless indoor tennis table that offers versatility, the MD Sports Official Size Table Tennis Table is perfect for recreational play.
- 2 inches lockable casters on this ping pong table allow for enhanced portability
- The product comes packed with two paddles, two balls, a net, and a post set.
- Tournament size table measuring 9 X 5’, it has a four-piece construction.
- The four-piece fold-up design is an advantage making it a space saver ping pong table
- The table comes with corner caps that protect your home walls from damage.
- The official height of the table enables all age groups to play
- The table net is pro-self-tensioning
- The table is can be easily folded and stored and is suitable for smaller places
- Lightweight and simple design contributes to hassle-free movability
- Leg levelers ensure adjustability on ground
- The sturdy metal frame and legs attribute to durability
- Reasonably priced product
- Requires adult assembly
- The product can be folded for storage but does not serve the purpose of multiple-use like some of its prototypes available in the market.
- The look could be improvised as there are better-looking products available in the market at an almost same price
- Dimensions (Overall): 30 inches (H) x 36 inches (W) x 72 inches (L)
- Assembled product weight: 63 pounds
- Material: Steel frame
- Surface Material: MDF
Manufactured by Franklin Sports, the Midsize Table Tennis Table is perfect for players who wish to own it to fit into their smaller living spaces. The lightweight ping pong table is foldable and compact thus making it portable, thanks to the appended built-in-handles. While heavier sets available in the market can be only rolled around, this one from Franklin can be just picked up and moved anywhere.
This mid-sized table is designed with an official height and is comfortably playable by all family members. Simply pick up to place in the garden, playroom or anywhere you plan for a ping pong day. Available in classic green and black tone, the table has two balls and two paddle holders along with the net structure.
- The high-quality material used to construct the table provides for an extra 9mm HDF surface
- The product includes a professional quality of the self-tensioning net
- The easily adjustable leg levelers support the table legs to be adjusted so that the table can stand firmly on uneven floor areas.
- The Franklin Sports Midsize Table Tennis Table requires very little storage space and easily fits into standard size cabinets.
- The ball and the paddle holder provides for handy access to the game accessories.
- The lightweight built of the table makes it easier to be transported around
- Assembling the ping pong table is smooth as it does not require special tools for setting up the table.
- Best Ping Pong Paddles
- Ping Pong Rule Book Basic Guide
- Top Table Tennis Paddles for Beginners
- Best Ping Pong Table Under $1000
- Best Pool Tables Under $1000
All the ping pong tables reviewed above are based on their overall features, price and player utility. While every table has its unique feature, you can make a comprehensive choice based on your skill level and purpose of gaming, but whatever choice you make out of these 5 options, you will surely be getting one of the best ping pong tables under $200.
Best Cheap Ping Pong Table Buyers’ Guide
Now that you know which are the best ping pong tables under $200, let’s take a look at factors that you must look out for when buying your ping pong table.
The thickness of the playing surface is a big factor you should not forget to check out for when making a decision on the ping pong table to buy.
Although most ping pong table surfaces are made using wood, the type of wood used can differ from the other in terms of its density and resistance.
A thinner playing surface is likely to lower the bounces in various areas of the ping pong table.
So, you should also ensure the wooden top is at least 1.5 inches thick when buying one.
If you intend to use your table for outdoor games, consider a table with an aluminum layer on top of the wooden top, its sides, and its bottom.
Also, make sure it has a thicker playing surface, which makes it more resistant to warping.
Note that most institutional tables are 5/8 to 3.4 inches thick, and almost all of them have a minimum of 7/8 to 1inch thickness.
Part Availability & Accessories
While most ping pong tables come as a complete set with a pair of paddles, four balls, and game nets, others don’t.
Before you make a deal, make sure to check out from the manufacturer the accessories that come along with the table.
Portable & Foldable
If you are an outdoor player and intend to carry your table along with you, you should consider buying a foldable table.
The frames should be foldable for easier transportation and move-ability.
Also, the frames should be strong enough to prevent them from bending up when folding.
Playback and Space Availability (Storage Space)
Most ping pong tables come with a playback position, allowing a single player to use it by raising one half to create a backboard and Go.
And if you’re a novice table tennis player or you’re seeking to brush up your skills, you can use the backboard of these tables to practice.
To store the table, you fold up both sides to save space or roll it easily.
Warranties are an essential factor to bear in mind before you choose a table.
The maximum warranty period that some manufacturers guarantee for their table parts is 10 years.
It is also wise to purchase your ping pong table from reputable brands with a great history of quality assurance and provide long-term warranty duration.
Assembled or Not?
Most of the cheap ping pong tables are flat packed at delivery thus, you will have to assemble them by yourself.
But still, they arrive with clear and easy-to-follow assembling instructions, and you won’t need any special tools or use of strength to assemble them.
If you want to save time, request the manufacturers’ delivery team to assemble it for you.
Before you purchase a ping pong table, check if the table has protective corners, locking play, locking wheels, playback positions, and ensure that it is easy to transport.
The sizes of the ping pong tables can fall into any of these categories:
Full-Size Ping Pong Table
Various names are used interchangeably to refer to a Full-Size ping pong table. The terms used are; official, regulation, Olympic size, and standard table tennis table.
These Full-Size tables have the standard measurements that most manufacturers follow.
Ideally, these tables measure 274 centimeters by 152.5 centimeters by 76 centimeters.
These measurements are too common, and therefore the difference between a good and bad quality table is the playing surface thickness.
The thickness measurements of Full-Size tables may range from 16 to 25 mm.
Therefore, the thicker a table is, the better quality to provide a firmer bounce and quicker overall gameplay.
¾ Size Table Tennis Table
The ¾ Size is another common size of a ping pong table.
This table is three-quarters of a ping pong table’s standard size, but there is usually a little more variation from the Olympic size table size.
The most common measurements of the ¾ size ping pong table are 206 cm length by 115 cm width by 76 cm height.
Usually, the height remains unchanged with this alternative since it is the most preferred level among adult players.
Mid-Size Table Tennis Table
This ping pong table is usually referred to as the Mid-Size table tennis table.
This table is more common in the US as a naming convention, but you will still find them in the western world.
The Mid-Sized table tennis table is usually 180 cm or 71 inches in length, while its width is 91 cm or 36 inches. The height is 76cm or 30 inches.
The Mini Ping Pong Table (Ping Pong Table Top)
This is an even smaller version that requires limited space.
This table can be foldable, and most of the time, it is referred to as a mini ping pong table or tabletop version.
This type of the tables do not have legs; thus, they need table space to play on.
They differ in both size and quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a standard ping pong table size?
According to the ITTF, an official ping pong table should be rectangular, measuring 2.74 meters long, with a width of 1.525 meters wide, which is essentially 9 feet by 5 feet.The table should be 76 centimeters above the floor.
What room size do I need for a ping pong table?
A full-size table tennis table measures 9 feet long by 5 feet wide; thus, you will need to clear up to 19 feet long by 11 feet room space.
This will ensure you play comfortably without having to feel too cramped.
How do you refurbish a ping pong table?
To resurface the table, you’ll need to:
- Remove the net and the holder
- Have the table area cleaned
- Tape boundary lines
- Sand the tabletop
- Paint the ping pong tabletop
- Refinish white boundary lines
- Reinstall the net