What are the best pickleball bags to carry all your equipment and balls whenever you head to the pickleball courts? Can’t you just use any bag? Sure, you can. But would you ever carry a golf bag to the tennis courts?
There are some bags that are designed specifically for pickleball players. They have features that you’ll be grateful for after you’ve used them. For example, in the middle of a hot day, after a sweaty game of pickleball, wouldn’t it be just perfect to reach out for your thermal water bottle in its safe and accessible pocket outside your bag?
Here, we take a look at some of the best new bags in which you can carry all your pickleball gear and enjoy a good game.
List of Best Pickleball Bags 2021
These are lightweight & durable bags rated on a number of quality factors, so you can choose any of these best pickleball bags.
|Top 5 Best Pickleball Bags||Pros||Price|
|#1. Pickleball Sling Bag by Wolfe Sports||Internal Pockets & Durability||Check Price Here|
|#2. Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag||Spacious & Easy to Carry||Check Price Here|
|#3. Pickleball Marketplace Metro Backpack||Highly Durable & Comfortable||Check Price Here|
|#4. Game On Sling Pickleball Bag||Waterproof & Wide strap||Check Price Here|
|#5. Urban Camo Action Sports Duffle||Mesh & Front Pockets||Check Price Here|
How Often Do you Play Pickleball?
For the occasional player who plays a few times a month, any old duffel bag may do. A rugged duffel bag that can carry all your equipment and clothes in it can be a good choice. It should be large enough to carry your court shoes (you do have dedicated shoes for pickleball don’t you? Read our other article about the best shoes for pickleball.) If the bag has air vents in a separate compartment where your shoes can go, it’s an added bonus.
The bag will also hold your pickleball clothes, your paddle sleeve and the mesh bag of balls. If the entire family goes along for pickleball once in a while, think about getting everyone a bag of their own or storing all pickleball gear in one large and well-made Mary Poppins bag!
For serious players who play actively several times a week, the right pickleball bag is a must. Whether you carry one paddle or six, you’ll probably want a lightweight and stylish carryall that doesn’t feel too bulky. At the same time, you want something that lasts long and can hold all your essentials including a water-bottle. It can be a pain to carry your water bottle separately.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Pickleball Bags 2021
- Top 5 Best Pickleball Bags (Reviews)
- Pickleball Bags Buying Guide
Top 5 Best Pickleball Bags (Reviews)
#1. Pickleball Sling Bag by Wolfe Sports
This is a sling bag by Wolfe Sports (the same brand that makes the paddle bag) and it has a fantastic design. The bag features two zippered compartments, a mesh water bottle holder and – this is the probably best part – a little opening near the top through which to pull earphones out of your iPhone or portable music player.
- This bag is durable with quality stitching, zippers, and strap.
- It is heavily padded and can hold up to 2 paddles and a few balls.
- It has a separate mesh pocket to keep a water bottle.
- This bag has a sturdy sling attached to it which makes it easy to carry it over the shoulder.
- Has a slot (inbuilt hole) to access earphones or charging chords while carrying the bag.
- This bag is only available in one gender-neutral color with white lettering.
- The internal pockets do not come with a zipper, so things kept inside are more likely to fall out if the main zip is left open.
There are several pockets inside for smaller items. The bag is padded and so is the adjustable sling strap. It is a little pricier than some of the duffel bags on this list, but it’s worth a look. It can easily fit two paddles, your towel, glove, some snacks, and other personal items. Our only grouse is that the pockets inside the bag are shallow and open, so the small items keep falling out, into the bag’s main chamber.
#2. Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag
If you’re looking for a simple, bright and sporty duffle bag with one big compartment, you can try the Game On duffle bag. It would have been nice if the compartment were divided and you could store the paddles and balls separately. But as it is, this bag does a good job of carrying everything you need for your game.
- It is easy to carry a duffle bag that can carry up to 3-4 paddles and 6-10 balls.
- This bag is quite spacious and comes in three vivid colors – Green, Red and Royal Blue.
- It has both, a shoulder and a hand strap to make carrying easy.
- The bag is light and does not weigh down on the shoulder.
- It has enough room to keep a water bottle, shoes, a towel or a change of clothes if needed.
- It only has one pocket on the exterior of the bag that can only fit a medium-sized bottle.
- Huge space in the bag lets you carry a lot of things in it but due to no compartments, your things get mixed up.
There is a large external pocket, however, where you can keep your cell phone, keys, and other little things. This pocket is divided, but not zippered.
Overall, the Game On duffel bag is great for the family. It can store four paddles and as promised, about a dozen balls. It feels strong enough for rough use. The handles are lightly padded, though you won’t feel the need for heavier padding. The shoulder strap is adjustable, and it would have been nice if this strap had a padded wrap too. But the bag is very affordable and you really can’t complain about any feature. It comes in three bright and fun colors, and we’d highly recommend them to any pickleball enthusiast.
#3. Pickleball Marketplace Metro Backpack
For some people who carry a lot to their pickleball games, a backpack is the best option. If you’re looking for an affordable backpack, try this 600 denier polyester piece.
- It can easily hold Pickleball paddles, balls, clothes, and various personal items.
- It is a backpack made of 600 denier polyester with PVC backing which makes sturdy, strong and durable.
- It has an elastic side mesh bottle holder on both sides to hold a water bottle and energy drink.
- The bag has comfortable padded shoulder back straps.
- Dual-zippered main compartment. Interior accessories pocket for MP3 player or phone with earphones or charging cable.
- It also has two slide pockets to keep flat items like id cards, cash, keys, etc.
- This bag comes only a single color combination – Black and Red.
- The price of the bag is a bit on the higher side which may not attract beginners.
It has a big main compartment that can store two paddles, towels, shoes, and clothes. We love the two mesh bottle holders on either side – we suggest you can carry water in one and electrolytes in the other on hot days. There are two open pockets on the front for your mobile phone, keys, etc. as well as an elastic side pouch for other little items. The padded shoulder straps make this a fantastic, value for money backpack. You have to shell out only a few bucks for professional Wolfe backpacks if you can make do with this one.
#4. Game On Sling Pickleball Bag
Game On is a popular brand of pickleball gear. This sling bag is particularly popular, because of its excellent design.
- This bag comes in 3 vivid colors- Blue, Pink and Yellow.
- The bag is priced very low which is pretty affordable and likable, especially for beginners who are not looking forward to investing much.
- The bag is quite spacious and can hold up to 2 paddles and 3 balls.
- This bag has a wide strap which makes it easy to carry.
- It is made of canvas material which makes it waterproof.
- This Pickleball Bag has a top loop that helps in hanging it on a hook.
- Has no side mesh pocket to keep a water bottle.
- The front pocket is relatively snug but can hold smaller items like keys, phone, hairbands, etc.
The bags look great – they are available in three bright and sporty colors, turquoise, hot pink and lemon yellow. There are two compartments on the bag, both zippered. The larger one can comfortably hold one or two paddles plus a small water bottle, and the smaller one can hold one or two balls, plus your cell phone, wallet, sunglasses, and keys. We are disappointed in the lack of a water bottle holder.
But as far as small bags go, we really like the construction of this one. The shoulder strap is padded and adjustable, and very comfy to carry. But if you’re looking for a bag to also hold your court shoes, towels, and other personal items, you should go for a backpack or duffel bag instead.
#5. Urban Camo Action Sports Duffle
- It comes with both hand strap and shoulder strap to make it an easy-to-carry pickleball bag
- This bag has a separate mesh pocket to a medium-sized water bottle for the game time.
- It has 2 zippered front pockets to carry accessories like keys, cell phone, id, wallet, etc.
- It is made of PVC which makes it strong, sturdy and durable.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable to fit your height and comfort.
- It comes in one gender-neutral color.
- Even though the bag is practical and functional, the color and design make the product look dull and boring.
While the Game On duffle bag is sporty and young, this duffle bag is stylish and chic and still great for carrying everything that you need for pickleball. It has one big compartment in which you can fit in your paddles, balls, clothes and any other item. There are two small zippered pockets on the front. These pockets will hold most standard sized mobile phones. An excellent addition that elevates this duffel from a simple duffel to a pickleball duffel is the water bottle holder in the center. This mesh pocket for water is quite strong and instead of a bottle, you can hold a couple of balls or any other accessories you want to stow.
The bag is made of sturdy 600 denier polyester. The polyester is strengthened with PVC, so you have a reasonably strong bag that will last you a long time, even with frequent use. The bag also has a hard bottom so it holds its shape. The shoulder strap is adjustable and the handle has a padded wrap. Overall, this duffel is a great addition to your pickleball gear.
We hope you like a few of the bags on our list, and that they meet your needs. It is possible that you may need one or more of these bags: a sling bag for games on holiday, a backpack for tournaments, and a duffel for family pickleball. Don’t forget to make a list of the things you intend to carry and then choose a bag accordingly. And most important, have fun with pickleball!
But In case you are still confused, you can check out the buying guide given below to be more clear about the best pickleball bags.
Pickleball Bags Buying Guide
Types of Pickleball Bags
- Sling Bags: Sling bags are the lightest, trendiest one-shoulder bags for carrying your pickleball paddle and ball. This type of bag is a great option for the active pickleball player who is always on the go. Heading to the gym after school? You don’t have to lug around a big backpack.
Just pull out a sling bag from your locker, your shoes, and your clothing, and you’re good to go. Sling bags come in a variety of colors, and sizes. They can carry between two and eight paddles, depending on the design. They are compact and fuss-free. A sling bag is great both for the occasional player and the pickleball veteran who is running out for a quick game with friends on a nearby court.
- Backpack: For long hours of pickleball on a hot summer’s day, there are several things you will want to carry with you. Lots of water is a must. A towel and gym clothes are essentials. You’ll want to carry several balls, in case some get lost or crack. You may want to take extra clothes, several poles your wallet, sunglasses and anything else you need for your day of pickleball.
A backpack with many pockets is what you will need. The double shoulder straps will make the bag easier to carry than a sling bag. You won’t feel the aches and pains in your shoulders before you begin your game. Professional quality backpacks are also available for pickleball, with insulated coolers on the sides behind mesh water bottle holders.
- Cinch Bag: A cinch bag is a simple bag with a single pocket and a system of strings that tighten the mouth of the bag and acts as straps for hanging on your shoulder. These bags can usually fit a paddle or two and a few balls. The straps are thin and not designed to be carried on your shoulders for extended periods of time. Nor can these bags carry a lot of stuff without threatening to tear. They are like rudimentary sling bags, and good for a quick game of pickleball when you don’t have to carry anything more than your paddle and balls.
- Duffel Bag: Hold-all duffel bags are great for sports in general. In pickleball, in particular, duffel bags make excellent carry-alls for almost everything you need to carry with you. They are great for carrying gear for groups of players as well. You can prepare one duffel bag for the family with everyone’s paddles, balls and shoes in them, to be pulled out every weekend when the pickleball players meet.
- Tote Bags: There are pickleball tote bags that are light, with zippers and compartments for storing little objects, and depending on the size they can have space for a few paddles and balls.
Features Your Bag Should Have
When you’re buying a pickleball bag, make sure it can fit everything you need in it. You should look for the following features in the bag:
- Is the bag spacious?
Serious pickleball players may prefer a spacious bag that has features tailored for pickleball.
For example, some pickleball bags have several pockets for keeping your phone, house keys and other knick-knacks. A mesh water bottle holder is a must. It will keep the bottle away from your paddle and make sure that if the water bottle leaks, it doesn’t wet your pickleball outfit. Some bags have padded linings to keep equipment secured in place. These bags are going to cost more than a simple two-compartment non-padded sling bag of course.
- Is it comfortable to carry?
Depending on how much equipment you’re carrying, your pickleball bag should be comfortable to haul around. Padded straps that can be adjusted are always excellent features to look for in sling bags and backpacks. These straps will not cut into your shoulder but provide cushioning instead.
- How does it look?
It is okay to admit that how the bag looks is important to you. Is it trendy or corny? Is it a bright color that makes you feel sporty and enthusiastic about the pickleball you’re going to play? Does it have nice graphics on it? Does it look like it is made with good material or does it look cheap? These are questions you’ll have to ask yourself when you shop for a bag.
- Is the bag strong?
You must always look for tough bags that will weather rough use because you’re probably going to use your pickleball bag a lot. Find out what material it is made of. Heavy-duty nylon, tough canvas, and polyester are common materials.
So this will help you pick the best pickleball bag, but if you still have any doubt remaining, you can ask us, as we are here to help.