A good player in every sport is concerned with the choice of his shoes. This is not just because of the comfort that good shoes offer and how it becomes easier to move around in them but because they are the protection for our feet from injuries and abrasions. Let’s face it, in any sport, our feet do all the heavy lifting and if they do not get the quality equipment they deserve, you’ll really end up hurting them real bad.
Padel is not an exception when it comes to choosing the right kind of shoes. But nowadays, confused by the various trends, aesthetics, and brand-blindness, people buy a product that is not really suitable for them. So for the general benefit, we’ll cover here the various pointers you need to keep in mind while buying padel shoes.
List of Best Padel Shoes For Men
Shoes in padel sport are important, so here are some of the best padel shoes for men.
Also Read:- Top 5 Best Padel Rackets
The important part of padel shoes is their comfort and to what extent you can control your movement in those shoes. This is determined by the kind of material that is used to make them and also the kind of sole they possess. Especially the sole as the sole determine the traction you’ll have on the ground, the durability and adaptability of the shoes on the court. Hence, the choice of padel shoes depends largely on the sole they have.
There are various different types of padel courts available in sports complexes like clay, concrete, mats or artificial grass like courts. In recent times most of the courts have been replaced with artificial grass as it makes up for the loss of fraction in a clay court and the lack of smoothness in a concrete court. This artificial grass surface is also lightly covered with sand. Though the grass courts are definitely better, a different sole will achieve a different level of performance.
The shoes currently manufactured in the market can be categorized into three types:
Omni sole type: These soles have characteristic dots that make them very comfortable on a protruding grass surface.
Herringbone sole: The zig-zag lines are for creating friction in the herringbone sole. They are very popular among expert and professional players.
Mixed type sole: It is a combination of both the Omni and the herringbone type. These are gaining popularity among the new-age players as they are a perfect combo of traction and comfortability.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Padel Shoes For Men
- Top 10 Best Padel Shoes For Men (Reviews)
- #1. Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes
- #2. ASICS men’s Gel-Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes
- #3. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 Shoes
- #4. Men’s Gel-Game 7 Padel Shoes from ASICS
- #5. Adidas Men’s Galaxy 3 m Running Shoes
- #6. New Balance Men’s 608 V5 Casual Comfort Shoes
- #7. ASICS Men’s Gel-Dedicate 6 Padel Shoes
- #8. Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer Shoes
- #9. PUMA Men’s Tazon 6 Cross-Trainer Shoes
- #10. ASICS Gel Court Speed Shoes for Men
Top 10 Best Padel Shoes For Men (Reviews)
Now let’s look at the three best products available in padel shoes right now:
This shoe has a herringbone sole which makes it highly appropriate for a clay court. From net to baseline complete coverage makes them good tennis shoes. They have an upper which is both lightweight and breathable. They come with an exclusive Adidas feature called the ADITUFF. This feature wraps the top and medial forefoot to prevent injury during extreme lateral movements, serves, and volleys which occur when you try to drag your foot. Protecting the foot during these movements is extremely important as such movements are usually match-deciding. The exciting feature is removable insole so that proper maintenance can be given to these shoes.
With extreme durability in abrasion-prone areas, Adidas Barricade Club Tennis Shoe comes with 360-degree TPU foil. These shoes are specially created for long-term use and are very lightweight because of EVA midsole. They also contain additional midfoot support in the form of 3D torsion. Both these features of 360-degree TPU foil and 3D torsion come in handy during exhaustive long rallies. These shoes have a full-length ADIPRENE. This feature was added by Adidas to provide optimized cushioning and rebounding. The added feature for durability is ADIWEAR outsole. The main problem with tennis shoes is that their outsole wears off sooner than other sports shoes. So ADIWEAR was created to provide ultimate high-wear durability.
- 360-degree TPU foil to provide durability
- EVA midsole to give a feeling of lightweight jumps
- 3D torsion for midfoot support
- ADIWEAR for high-wear durability
- Specially made for comfort during tennis movements
- The eyelet of shoes could use some rework
These are shoes made for professional players in tennis. Exclusively made for tennis, these Adidas shoes stand true to their promise of durability. Though there were some complaints related to the eyelets of these shoes. These complaints don’t overpower the worth of this product. The comfort they offer while playing is still top-class.
These shoes are for recreational new players who are looking for high-durability supporting and comfortable shoes which don’t wear off soon. These shoes come with ASICS special forefoot cushioning system which is supported by GEL technology. These also come with a solid outsole and made of rubber and flexible upper design. The special feature of these shoes is that they give a soft impact from abrupt movements during tennis. The additional piece of special ASICS technology embedded in this shoe is TRUSSTIC system technology which reduces the weight so that it is easy for a beginner to move around and to prevent tiring the subject.
- Forefoot cushioning GEL system
- TRUSSTIC system for reducing the weight
- Cushions the abrupt movements of a beginner
- High durability and lightweight
- Specially made for recreational players
- The structural integrity is a bit off for professional players
The shock attenuation in these shoes makes them ideal for beginners and thus become the perfect rookie shoes in Tennis. The forefoot GEL cushioning technology is the one responsible for this characteristic feature. Traction in these shoes is especially good and thus prevents slipping. So if you are just starting out tennis, this is your choice of footwear.
The Gel-Venture 7 performance trail running shoes gets you accustomed even for the toughest terrains. You can encounter the adventure at confidence, as this shoe is from the renowned brand ASICS. The key features of these shoes are their GEL technology and the midsole made up of EVA soft foam material.
If you are an athlete or someone who would love to explore the exteriors, then these shoes are for you. The GEL technology at the rear foot works exceptionally on shock absorption and its ortholite shock liner helps with an excellent layer of cushioning under the foot. These shoes are capable of molding to the shape of your feet so that you stay comfortable even after years of use.
You can experience tremendous support while walking or jogging over rough terrains with these shoes as its upper portion is crafted from synthetic leather whereas the internal heel portion helps the heel to stay in its natural range of movement. The outer sole is made of high abrasion rubber and thus render uncompromised durability.
- The EVA midsole protects the feet against impact and helps in enhancing rebound.
- Serves as an excellent training partner
- The durability of these shoes is a matter of question.
This is a stylish, comfortable, and lightweight training shoes that you can get from ASICS. You can use them while playing court games or while working out at the gym. They can be great jogging shoes as well. The shoe comprises a mess upper portion with synthetic overlays and films for stability, comfort, and tremendous breathability. It features a wider heel cage that renders better stability on the rear heel foot.
The material of these shoes is a mixture of both fabric and synthetic and is thus flexible and comfortable with tremendous support for the foot while training. The forefoot Gel cushioning system combines with the Trusstic system of the midfoot to render exceptional stability and comfort. The Outsole is built from solid rubber, to help with good traction and durability on all surfaces.
- Large mesh upper area helps in reducing the weight of the shoe and offers more breathability.
- Available in beautiful Champagne and black colors.
- The shoes can be tight at the toes and the soles feel uncomfortable for some players.
Go the distance with these running shoes. Though they were made for running, the sole of the shoe combined with an air mesh upper which facilitates maximum breathability. They have risen to the class of padel shoes because of the intelligent breathable design that makes landing on your toes really comfortable during high powered matches. These are a wide fit which makes for a larger surface area and prevents slipping during swishes and slides. Overall the stability of the frame cushions your feet to provide utmost comfort. This cushioning comes because of the cloudfoam midsole.
The Adidas Galaxy Running shoe comes with a FITFRAME 3D-molded TPU. This is for increasing the stability around the heel. The outsole is to provide durability and complete with the midsole it offers a lockdown fit. While playing on a court this becomes crucial as your shoes should act as a part of your body. The lockdown fit confirms it and makes the Adidas Galaxy a choice for the beginners and mid-level players on the padel court.
- The breathable mesh lining keeps the underfoot ventilated
- The midsole provides cushioning to help during jumps
- Wide fit is for providing a lockdown fit
- FITFRAME 3D-molded TPU, an exclusive feature of this product series
- Maximum breathability for long-term use
- As they are predominantly running shoes, they run a tad small for a given size.
These are running shoes and if you are a professional looking to play on padel court then you may want to reconsider your choice. Although they are comfortable shoes and if you are prone to absurd and highly swift motions these shoes may be alright for you.
These casual comfort cross trainer shoes are made from 100% leather and feature a solid rubber sole construction for longevity. The improved 608v5 shoes from New Balance have become more comfortable and comprises of exceptional cushioning from all angles. This includes the NB comfort insert that can leave your feet comfortable for hours, without compromising on the quality of the shoes.
Yet another excellent feature of these shoes is its ABZORB heel crash pad. This helps in absorbing impact and renders the perfect combination of compression resistance and cushioning. This cushioning pad at the midfoot helps in exceptional shock absorption as well. These training shoes also comprises of dual-density collar foam that helps the feet to feel great even while strenuous training sessions. The leather uppers of these shoes with a lace closure system helps in tremendous comfort with unmatched style.
- The dual-density collar foam prevents irritation around the ankles and keeps the feet comfortable.
- The outsole of these shoes is highly flexible, as they have groves that cover the entire length of the sole.
- The toe box is very narrow and thus can be comfortable for users with a wider foot.
The ASICS Gel-Dedicate shoes work great for the tennis game and feature a very cool design. It is also durable and helps players involved in court games with ample lateral support. These shoes are also cheap for the qualities it possesses and is durable as well. The shoes support your game tremendously, especially the backhand strokes and serve. These shoes adapt best for amateur and recreational tennis players.
It features a breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials. You will love its lace-up closure and it also features a collar and a padded tongue. It features a comfortable fabric lining and featured a food bed with molded foam. Its Forefoot GEL cushioning system attenuates shock during game impact and helps in a smooth transition to mid-stance.
- The Trusstic System in these shoes reduces the weight of the sole, without sacrificing its structural integrity.
- The shoes have a solid rubber outsole and are thus good to be used in even rough terrains.
- The shoe is durable and is shockproof but not dustproof, as it is available in white and silver colors.
This is by far the best shoe for long-distance jogging and walking and will steel feel great on the feet all day. You can use these trainer shoes for running on uneven terrain and you will feel comfortable all day long with durable leather on top of the shoes for additional support. The shoe also features a lightweight foam midsole with full-length encapsulated Air-sole unit for comfort cushioning all day long.
The synthetic sole feels very light and comfortable on the feet and the shaft of the shoe measures low top from the arch. Being exceptional men’s leather sneakers, it’s leather upper features overlays for support. there are perforations at the outsole for airflow. The solid rubber outsole helps in exceptional traction on varied surfaces. The shoes come in different lengths and width and it is important to choose your size wisely.
- The shoe tongue enhances breathability and its heel pull tab helps in easy handling
- Phylon midsole and encapsulated air-sole cushions offer tremendous support and comfort.
- Features an imported synthetic sole.
- The shoes can be quite noisy on different surfaces within a short time of wearing them.
- Do not expose the shoes to water.
The PUMA Men’s Tazon cross trainer shoes are made from 100% synthetic material with the right combination of textile. Its imported rubber sole makes it the best shoe for cross-training, and for playing different games efficiently. It also serves to be an ideal running and jogging shoes. The shaft measures low top from the arch and showcases the fracture graphic for a more seasonal and modern look.
The TAZON 6 cross trainer shoes render the best cushioning for all the training and running needs. You can expect these shoes to feature the most revolutionary design and technical innovation, as always with the PUMA brand. In short, it is an expert Run-train performance sneaker from the Tazon, PUMA brand.
- Elegant sport-lifestyle footwear from the revolutionary PUMA brand.
- The shoes are wide enough to fit the toes and have a wide circumference to accommodate the foot.
- The ventilation factor is missing in these shoes and they could get hot and sweaty easily.
These are select shoes for playing tennis, Pickleball and Padel sports. These shoes render an excellent fit and serve as consistent footwear for different types of movements on the court. It holds the foot in their place with no internal slide and thus they stay light on the feet. These shoes are great for some quick movements and feature an excellent construction with outstanding stability.
These shoes are long-lasting and are great for someone who plays the game at least 3-5 times a week for at least four hours a day. This serves as a great tennis shoe and is also supportive, firm, and solid with great grip. These shoes are perfect for everyday players looking for a competitive edge on the ground. Its full-length GEL brand technology team with its advanced Trusstic system structure to keep you ready for the next move in the game.
- These shoes are known for their comfort, support, and stability.
- Its seamless upper mesh keeps the feet cool and dry throughout the entire match.
- Shoes are too narrow at the toe box and its heel cup is deep.
So, these are the top 10 best men’s padel shoe reviews of 2020. In case of any confusion, you can ask your query in the comments.