Badminton is a tough sport that demands a lot of lateral support and tough movements on the outdoor court. It is essential to use the right type of shoe for the badminton game. A lot number of shoe manufacturers have made these shoes look great and comfortable too. Here are some of the best outdoor badminton shoes from the leading manufacturers, curated just for you, in an attempt to enhance your game skills.
Table of Contents
- Best Outdoor Badminton Shoes
- 5 Best Badminton Shoes for Outdoor Play
- Importance of Buying Shoes That are Specific for Badminton Game
- How Should We Choose the Shoes for the Badminton Game?
Best Outdoor Badminton Shoes
|Top 5 Best Outdoor Badminton Shoes||Editor Score||Price|
|#1. ASICS Women’s Gel Upcourt Shoes||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 7 Shoes||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. Babolat Shadow Spirit Men’s Badminton Shoes||9.4/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. LI-NING Men Badminton Training Sports Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
Check out: Best Badminton Shoes for Men
5 Best Badminton Shoes for Outdoor Play
This is an excellent volleyball shoe that is made from 100% synthetic material. The shoe features a rubber sole and fits true to size. The outsole of these shoes are made of gum rubber, and it also comes with a synthetic mesh and leather layer. This shoe adds excellent value for any amateur athlete and features a full-length gum rubber outsole for ambient traction on the court. The rearfoot gel cushioning system of these shoes.
The shoes are designed for outdoor badminton courts and carry the best combination of support, lightweight flexibility, and durability. The shoe features a synthetic leather overlay that promotes ambient support and stability, especially during braking and abrupt transitions. The breathable mesh layer of the shoes renders ample airflow, to help keep the feet comfortable during badminton matches. The Upcourt volleyball shoe has been designed to improve traction on the court and it features a rubber gum sole application to emphasize expert grip over indoor court surfaces.
The synthetic leather and mesh upper layers of the shoe make it extremely breathable, comfortable, and lightweight. These features also help the shoes to sports ambient fit and performance. The rubber gum sole of the shoes renders it tremendous traction and durability.
- Comfortable and affordable shoes for outdoor badminton games.
- These shoes have expert cushioning at their bottom and they also feature a wide toe box.
- Some players feel that these shoes run a little large for size.
Check out: Best Badminton Shoes for Beginners
These are expert badminton shoes that are made from 100% synthetic material. These shoes feature a rubber sole and are shaft measures approximately 2.7 inches from the arch. These volleyball shoes feature lightweight mesh uppers that feature synthetic overlays and a cushioned foot-bed. Players will benefit from its molded EVA midsole and its court specific forefoot gel cushioning system.
The Gel Rocket 7 volleyball shoes bring tremendous value to the game performance and its lightweight uppers and enhanced gum rubber at the outsole helps with exceptional traction. |The updates styling and design of these shoes make it the most preferred for recreational and professional badminton players.
These outdoor court shoes come in white, black, and vermilion colors and have gum rubber on the outsole. Thus they can be used for squash, volleyball, and tennis games apart from badminton. The enhanced traction on the outsole makes it a preferred shoe of choice in both indoor and outdoor court games. The trusstic system decreases the weight of the sole while maintaining the structural integrity of the shoes. California slips lasting helps with tremendous comfort and stability and its uppers are stitched around a canvas or EVA. The upper layers also merge with the midsole of the shoes directly.
- The design of the shoes features minimal seams and overlays.
- The midsole offers a low to the ground feel, that promotes better stability and balance.
- Very comfortable shoes that are ideal to play court games.
- The gel cushioning system seems normal.
The Babolat Shadow spirit is an excellent badminton shoe for advanced players who are looking for a quality badminton shoe. This is an exceptional shoe that meets the requirements of the badminton game. The shoe comprises an active sculpture technology that helps with optimal adherence and tremendous shock absorption properties. The shoe adapts to the player and their playing style during sudden stops and quick explosive movements. This is indeed a shoe for advanced tennis players who are looking for a high-quality tennis shoe.
This is an excellent badminton shoe for advanced badminton players and the shoe has undergone a lot of improvisations, such as ample cushioning. Also, these shoes render extra protection using 3D classic resistance mesh. Also, the sole of the Shadow Spirit shoes is designed to wear against attack and propulsion and have deeper studs to render more durability. Also, bigger studs provide close contact with the court.
The additional grip that these shoes render is because of the Michelin rubber that is used on the soles. Though these are lightweight shoes, they don’t compromise on support, especially at strategic locations like the ankle. The shoes are breathable with more than 50% mesh on the upper and a micro-perforated insole. The comfort and cushioning come from the padding in the collar and the extra-wide tongue of the shoes.
- The shoe features a tri-dimensional grip for sudden stops and explosive game moves.
- The shoe features an ortholite molded insole and Michelin outsole.
- Extremely lightweight shoes that weigh around 320 grams.
- The blue and fluorescent green color combination is very bright and not much appealing.
- Available in few sizes only.
This is an attractive badminton shoe that will be a head-turner in the outdoor court and ground. It is made from high-quality synthetic leather along with textile material and TUP. Thus these shoes are both light and breathable and offer tremendous support and stability for an ambient game experience. Also, the shoes feature an EVA midsole, rubber, and bionic outsole to add to the comfort features of the shoe.
One eminent and exclusive feature of these shoes is the Tuff-Tip, which is a wear-resistant material available at the toe. The wear resistance of this material is at least ten times better than other ordinary materials. This material helps in preventing wear and tear, thus extending the life of the shoes. Such a feature is indeed the first choice of many tennis and badminton players. The anti-collision toe also helps to prevent unnecessary injury and also helps to reduce collision for comfortable game action.
The shoe has a flexible yet strong grip and provides the players with tremendous wear resistance along with a strong grip. It also improves the competition performance of the badminton players. The extra-wide tongue and padding in the collar add to the cushioning features of the shoe. The ortholite insole helps players to wear the shoe with the utmost comfort.
- The ideal choice for outdoor badminton games
- The shoes are very grippy and render tremendous support around the ankle.
- Dual-density midsole and tri-dimensional grip help in great game action.
- The shoes run long and wide and it is thus better to choose shoes that are one size smaller.
- The front width is a little narrow.
This is an excellent shoe for both volleyball and badminton games and is the perfect combination of fabric and synthetic material. The shoe features a rubber sole and a forefoot gel cushioning system that helps in attenuating shock during the impact phase. The trusstic system technology of the shoes helps to reduce the weight of the sole while maintaining the structural integrity of the shoes.
The shoe features an exceptional fit, enhanced traction, and upgraded and shock-absorbing cushioning. The Gel Rocket 8 is a top-level shoe, that is available at an entry-level price. The shoe is considered a long time favorite for intermediate and advanced badminton players, mainly because of its trusstic system technology and gum rubber available at the outsole. These features also enhance the traction of the shoe against any court surface.
These shoes feature a traditional lacing closure system to optimize the fit. The midsole features molded EVA material for enhanced cushioning and shock absorption. These volleyball shoes comprise of a lightweight mesh top portion that is fortified with synthetic overlays to help with immense structural support and comfort. It will render tremendous stability, traction, and support to carry the ball efficiently across the net to your opponents.
- The trusstic system technology reduces the weight of the shoes without compromising the structural integrity of the shoes.
- Its real and forefoot GEL cushioning system renders tremendous shock-absorption.
- The sole of the shoes features a more rubber composition.
- Shoes are a little hard.
Must Check: Best Badminton Shoes for Knee Pain
Importance of Buying Shoes That are Specific for Badminton Game
Though players wear different types of sneakers for practice, wearing the wrong shoes will not help the game. This is because badminton shoes are designed specifically for the badminton court and their specifications will truly enhance the game action. The unique specifications of the badminton shoes and their influence on the game are as follows,
- The soles of the shoes are designed in such a way that they are designed to come in direct contact with the court surface.
- The shoe soles also render the right amount of grip for efficient traction against the court.
- Players should also choose shoes that are designed to render the right grip on all court surfaces, be it PVC, Asphalt, wood, or mud.
- The shoes will aid different badminton moves such as jumping, changing directions, quick stopping, etc, whenever required.
- The shoes are designed to render to optimal grip and also to render protection for the feet that are constantly moving.
- Badminton shoes also render cushioned support for the players.
- The best feature that differentiates badminton shoes from the rest of the regular shoes is that they are made of rubber that is both wear-resistant and have anti-slip properties.
- The soles of the shoes should render expert grip, while the arch is featured with padded support.
- The badminton shoes are designed in such a way that they render effective shock absorption.
- Most of all, the shoes are designed from materials that breathe, thus keeping the feet dry and cool on the court.
How Should We Choose the Shoes for the Badminton Game?
One golden rule in maintaining the badminton shoe and to enhance its durability is to wear them only for practice and while playing the game and refrain from using it as casual wear. Players can choose either of the below mentioned three types of shoes, that matches their skill set and their game proficiency.
1. Shoes that are built for all-round performance:
Beginners, intermediates, and recreational tennis players should choose shoes that are designed for all-around performance. This is because, these type of shoes will render expert shock resistance, and will also render expert stability and lightweight agility on the court. These shoes will also offer expert support for the players, and enhance their game to an all-new level on the court. And most of all, these shoes help with both sudden and quick movements while taking the ball in the badminton court.
2. Badminton shoes that are built for speed:
Shoes that are built for speed should be lightweight. They should also have the needed grip to play efficiently on the court. And the inner design of the shoes should not change easily in shape and allows the player to move quickly and with agility on the court. The majority of the shoes have a built-in bounce pad to absorb shock and impact and also help the player to move around quickly.
3. Badminton shoes that are built for support:
Some badminton players who wish to avoid injury will look for shoes that have built-in support. They should choose a supportive shoe that will also help to promote speed. Shoes with support will help the player to have excellent stability and shock resistance to help in a safe and stable game on the court.
While choosing badminton shoes for outdoor play, players should choose one that appeals to them and supports their game style. We hope our guide helps you in picking up the right shoe for enhancing your badminton game skill.