Tennis is a competitive game that demands a lot of twists, turns, and running along with the tennis court. The tennis shoe is an excellent asset for the player as it has to render them excellent cushioning and support to carry out the game perfectly well. A lot of strain and sports injuries could occur owing to the wrong tennis shoe. It is thus important that one finds a shoe that is of appropriate size and shape with ample toe room and provision to fit an orthotic if desired. We have made your choice simpler by giving you a glimpse of the top men’s tennis shoes here.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Tennis Shoes for Men
- Top 10 Best Men’s Tennis Shoes 2020
- #1. Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes
- #2. Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes
- #3. New Balance Men’s 806 V1 Tennis Shoes
- #4. Asics Gel-Solution Speed 3 Men’s Tennis Shoes
- #5. ADIDAS Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes
- #6. ASICS Men’s Gel Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes
- #7. New Balance Men’s 1006 V1 Tennis Shoes
- #8. Adidas Men’s Approach Tennis Shoes
- #9. ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes
- #10. Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes
- How Should You Choose Your Tennis Shoe?
- Final Words
List of Best Tennis Shoes for Men
|Top 10 Men's Tennis Shoes||Editor Rating||Price|
|#1. Nike Men’s Court Lite Tennis Shoes||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. Adidas Men’s Gamecourt Tennis Shoes||9.6/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. New Balance Men’s 806 V1 Tennis Shoes||9.4/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. Asics Gel-Solution Speed 3 Men’s Tennis Shoes||9.3/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. ADIDAS Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoes||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#6. ASICS Men’s Gel Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#7. New Balance Men’s 1006 V1 Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
|#8. Adidas Men’s Approach Tennis Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#9. ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes||9.1/10||Check Price Here|
|#10. Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 Tennis Shoes||9.2/10||Check Price Here|
Check out: 5 Best Tennis Shoes for Flat Feet
Top 10 Best Men’s Tennis Shoes 2020
Nike has been a favorite brand among tennis players all over the world. The new Men’s Nike Court Lite Tennis shoes feature the best combination of leather and a mesh upper, along with a Phylon midsole. All these features ensure that the shoes are durable, comfortable, and are stable. The GDR outsole of these shoes renders lasting traction on hard court surfaces. The combination of the upper materials of these shoes helps with exceptional comfort while on the tennis ground.
Players will also love the breathability of these shoes, that is offered with its mesh tongue and of course, its GDR outsole renders exceptional traction for the players. There is an additional layer of material on the toe area helps with resistance against abrasion. It is good to buy a size larger as these shoes run a size smaller for most of the players.
- The full-length Phylon midsole offers tremendous support and lightweight cushioning for the players.
- Excellent footwear that offers excellent performance with a classic cut.
- Extremely comfortable tennis shoes that are available at an attractive price.
- Highly durable shoes that are simple to look at, with great traction.
- Very narrow shoes that can be quite tight at the toe box.
- As the shoes are already narrow, they cannot accommodate any orthotics.
These shoes have been specially crafted and designed for the tennis game. With the help of these shoes, it will be possible to take the serves with additional style on the court. These shoes feature a breathable mesh upper and they are also beneficial to hug the foot to support every single move of the tennis players. These men’s lightweight tennis shoes have additional cushioning on the midsole so that the players are kept very comfortable both on the ground and off ground.
The durable outsole of these shoes renders a firm grip with every serve and slide on the tennis court. The shoes are made of 100% textile and synthetics material and are built from an imported and rubber sole. The shaft of these shoes measures approximately low top from the arch. Being a pair of breathable tennis shoes, it features a cloud foam midsole to render tremendous support. These tennis shoes feature a regular fit and a lace closure. The breathing mesh uppers along with the TPU reinforcements offer great support for the tennis players.
The Adituff layers of these shoes help with abrasion resistance at the toe area and its adi-wear outsole renders the ultimate durability for the players. The cloud foam midsole helps in rendering tremendous step-in comfort and superior cushioning for the players.
- Adituff layer offers abrasion resistance with ultimate adiwear outsole.
- Cloudfoam midsole offers tremendous comfort and cushioning.
- Breathable mesh uppers with a cloud foam midsole.
- The shoe renders very little support for the ankles.
This is an excellent tennis shoe for men that are made of 90% leather and 10% synthetic material. This shoe features a rubber sole and is made of imported material.
The Abzorb cushioning of these shoes helps in rendering excellent traction in the tennis court and helps players in taking the serves and volleys like an expert. These tennis shoes also feature a C-CAP midsole and a dry liner to absorb sweat and thus leaving the foot more comfortable and breathable.
This is indeed an excellent tennis shoe for players who are looking for excellent support and stability. These shoes are made of rich and full-grain leather uppers. Its padded collar and tongue render a comfy and a cozy fit for the players on the court. It’s lightning dry feature wicks the moisture away to help keep the feet comfortable and dry. Its traditional lacing closure system along with a mesh-lined tongue adds to the comfort feature of these shoes.
- These shoes feature excellent design and quality.
- Features a rubber sole with absorb cushioning
- The updated toe-tip material of these shoes helps in protecting against toe drag.
- Its C-CAP midsole offers expert support and cushioning
- These shoes are not for those who have wide feet.
ASICS is a prominent name when it comes to tennis shoes. These shoes are made of 100% synthetic material and they have a rubber sole with rear-foot and fore-foot gel cushioning system. These shoes help in attenuating shock pretty well during the toe-off and impact phases. You can enjoy tremendous movement in multiple planes with these shoes, as the foot transitions through the gait cycle appropriately. What else can you ask for, to play the game efficiently?
The PGuard toe protection of these shoes enhances the durability of these shoes and its flexion fit upper portion renders a fitting comfort for the players, without sacrificing on the support for the tennis players. These shoes have a lightweight midsole compound that helps in enhancing their durability and cushioning effect. These tennis shoes have a Gel-solution system, that features a low-profile design and its seamless PU flexion fit uppers and Solyte midsole material.
- With these tennis shoes, players can enjoy lightweight cushioning and quicker response on the court.
- The lightweight Solyte midsole of the ASICS is extremely standard compared with EVA and SpEVA.
- The shoes feature a PGuard toe protector to enhance durability.
- The white shoes can easily turn yellow with regular use.
This is one of the best tennis shoes that allows tennis players to walk on the court at ease and attack the net at ease. It is an extremely lightweight tennis shoe but is very aggressive on the court. Even aggressive players will appreciate the Torsion System of these shoes that also offers expert support with every lunge. These shoes feature an Adiprene layer under the heel for additional cushioning. This adituff toe wraps around the medial forefoot and toe renders expert protection against foot drag. This is important to render tremendous protection during volleys, serves, and lateral movements.
These shoes feature a 360-degree TPU support foil for excellent durability at the key abrasion areas and you can expect superior lateral stability with these shoes. Other eminent features of these shoes are its lightweight EVA midsole and 3d torsion, which helps in adaptive midfoot support. These shoes also feature full-length adiprene for excellent comfort and superior cushioning upon impact.
- The shoes feature abrasion-resistant adituff wraps around the toe and medial forefoot.
- The Adiwear outsole of these shoes offers ultimate high-wear durability.
- Its supportive torsion system will offer excellent support for aggressive players with every lunge.
- The Adiprene under the heel will render additional cushioning.
- The lacing system of these shoes is inadequate and is prone to break.
The Gel Dedicate-5 shoe is an ideal companion for recreational tennis players. These tennis shoes feature an excellent gel cushioning system, a solid rubber outsole, and flexible upper design. These shoes are expert companions for tennis players as they soften the impact of abrupt movements in the tennis court. You can be sure to experience complete support for the entire match with the help of these tennis shoes.
These shoes are made of fabric and synthetic material and they feature a solid rubber outsole for enhanced traction and durability. Its trusstic system technology reduces the weight of the sole, while concurrently retaining the shoe’s structural integrity. The forefoot gel brand technology cushioning system of these shoes enhances the shock absorption properties of these shoes during propulsion.
- These shoes feature an excellent fit for tennis players in the court.
- This is an eminent ASICS tennis shoe with a wider toe box.
- Durable and comfortable shoes for tennis games and Pickleball.
- Some players feel that the shoes are narrow at the toe box.
New Balance 1006 V1 is an eminent pair of tennis shoes that helps athletes to achieve their goals and their dream. The mission of these shoes for more than a century is to focus on research and development, and these shoes are the brainchild of their development process. These shoes have been designed to fit and New Balance has crafted these shoes to help tennis players achieve their best shot in the tennis ground.
These tennis shoes are made from 75% synthetic and 25% mesh material. The shoe is built of imported material and feature a rubber sole. The shaft of these shoes measures approximately low top from the arch. Those these shoes render tremendous stability and cushioning for the players, they are feature breathable mesh inserts to enhance its ventilation system. The best feature of these shoes is their Revlite lightweight foam midsole. It also possesses a non-marking Ndurance durable outsole to a long-wear drag tip.
- This is the best shoe that has wide and flat feet.
- The shoes can be extremely durable.
- This is a solid, supportive, and true to size tennis shoes for tennis players.
- These shoes seem more like a basketball shoe and it is taller, sturdy, and heavy.
This tennis shoe can be your success secret behind the master-strokes in the tennis game. The soft synthetic uppers of these shoes have perforations to enhance breathability and to help the person stay comfortable on the tennis court. These shoes feature a durable ADIWEAR outsole that is capable of standing up to the wear and tear of everyday play. The shoe is made of 100% leather and features an imported rubber sole as well. The Adizero approach and the rubber outsole of these shoes render excellent grip.
Players love the uppers of these tennis shoes that are crafted with synthetic uppers, that helps with a natural fit. These shoes have a light strike IMEVA midsole for rendering a lightweight cushioning and tremendous shock absorption. These shoes also have a rubber outsole for durability and the shoes also have perforations at the toe area to offer more breathability. The players will also enjoy the comfort and grip of these shoes.
- The fit of these shoes is pretty loose and it can easily accommodate an insole into it.
- Comfortable shoes that can last for more than six months.
- The rubber outsole of these shoes renders an excellent grip.
- These tennis shoes lack arch support and feature a thin and flat insole.
The Gel-Resolution 7 tennis shoes from ASICS render maximum stability for the tennis players and features a low external heel counter along with redesigned FlexionFit upper for both mid-foot comfort and support. The super ahar material is positioned strategically on the outsole of the shoes, render ultimate resistance to wear and tear on the court. The shoes are made of 100% synthetic material and they feature a rubber outsole.
The shoes feature a six-month warranty on the outsole and the shoes also feature a gender-specific cushioning. The shoes feature a low-density top layer at the midsole, helping tennis players to enjoy the inherent benefits of midsole compression. The flexion fit uppers of these shoes render form-fitting comfort, without having to sacrifice on the shoe’s support. Its forefoot and rearfoot cushioning systems help in attenuating shock during the toe-off and the impact phases. Also, these features allow movement in multiple planes, according to the transition on the foot, according to the gait cycle.
- The PGuard Toe protector of these shoes helps in supporting the toe and enhancing its durability.
- The shoe renders excellent comfort without compromising on support and functionality.
- Features gender-specific cushioning.
- Slightly longer and narrower tennis shoes, compared with the previous model shoes.
- The shoe has a tight toe box.
These are a pair of expert tennis shoes from the Adidas brand, that are built to deliver the highest level of performance, that are demanded by the professionals. These shoes feature a seamless upper, that helps inflexible the foot for the tennis movement on the court. Also, they feature geo-fit padding for a comfortable fit. Its Barricade Chassis adds to its stability at the mid-foot, along with rendering tremendous support for every single lunge and twist.
The shoes feature a seamless forged mesh upper that is reinforced with areas of support and stretch, to ensure a customized fit that adapts to all tennis moves on the court. Its soft and stretching tongue helps with a comfortable fit and the bootee construction of the shoes helps in a snug fit for the tennis players. The Adiprene+ layer on the forefoot of these shoes helps in maintaining efficiency and propulsion fine in the tennis game. The shoes feature an abrasion-resistant adituff that wraps around the toe and medial foot to protect against foot drag.
- The shoe features the best anatomical fit and comfort
- The Ghillie at the top of lacing renders a locked-down fit.
- The barricade chassis offers support and stability at the midfoot
- The adipose layer under the heel helps in superior cushioning impact.
- Requires a specific lacing method to not hurt the instep.
- It is beneficial to get these shoes a half size larger
Also Read: Tennis Rules: How to Play Tennis?
How Should You Choose Your Tennis Shoe?
The game of tennis can be a great failure without any proper footwear. Irrespective of the serves and the backhand moves that the player has, good footwear is what one requires to win the game. Here are some of the important aspects that one has to focus on while buying men’s tennis shoes.
1. Fit of tennis shoes:
Irrespective of the type and brand of the tennis shoes that one buys, the fit of the shoe is of paramount importance, as it allows the person to walk and stand at ease. It is important to find the right size and fit of the shoes, especially in those brands that have a narrow toe box, to avoid foot fatigue.
The comfort of the shoes is as important as buying a shoe composed of durable, top quality, and sturdy materials. These features also ensure that the shoes are good to accommodate the feet. The shoes should be comfortable and light on the feet so that they help to play the game comfortably through every game. Also, the shoes should be made of materials that encourage ventilation and additional breathability, so that the feet stay hydrated all through the game.
Tennis is indeed a high-performance game, and it is tough to get along the game with uncomfortable shoes. It is thus important to have shoes with adequate padding for additional cushioning. Padding on the shoes should cover insoles and the sides and tongues of the shoes, rendering comfort and support on every turn.
4. Outsole and Insole:
The outsole of the tennis shoe has direct contact with the ground and it is important that it has to be thick. The terrain or turf that one plays should be kept in mind while picking up the shoes. Also, the outsole of the shoes should have good shock absorbance and traction qualities to withstand friction from various terrains.
The tennis game demands challenging, sharp, and tenacious moves from one side to another. The insoles are in contact with the feet and render necessary support for the feet to keep going on. It is important to ensure that the insoles fit the entire length of the shoe to prevent injury and avoid pain.
Tennis players should buy tennis shoes that can last the long haul owing to the toughness of the sport. It is also a cost-effective appeal. Do pertinent research and choose shoes that are durable to withstand the test of the match.
6. Foot type:
It is important that one studies their foot type and choose an appropriate shoe that meets their foot type. There are three types of foot, namely pronated, supinated, and ideal foot. Players with pronated foot should use shoes with superior lateral support to prevent injury to the ankles and knees. Players with a supinated foot should use shoes that are flexible and are capable of absorbing shock.
Tennis is an active physical game and it is the feet that bear the brunt of the abuse. For beginners to advanced tennis players, it is important to choose a high-quality tennis shoe that possesses all the features to keep the foot at ease while playing the game. We hope our recommendations and our guide helps you in choosing the best shoes for your men’s tennis game.