Younger players always have difficulties choosing the right lacrosse sticks, so we are making it easier by listing some of the best lacrosse sticks for youth that are popular around the world.
Best Lacrosse Sticks for Youth
Young Players can choose any of these lacrosse sticks as these are listed based on a number of factors that directly impact youth gameplay.
|Best Lacrosse Sticks for Youth||Position||Price|
|#1. STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Stick||Attack & Midfield||Check Price|
|#2. STX Lacrosse Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Stick||Attack & Midfield||Check Price|
|#3. STX Lacrosse Women’s EXULT 300 Complete Stick||Midfield||Check Price|
|#4. STX Lacrosse Women’s Crux 100 Stick||Attack||Check Price|
|#5. STX Lilly Girls’ Lacrosse Stick||Midfield, Attack & Defence||Check Price|
A popular game that originated in North America, Lacrosse is played in a team where a ball is thrown, transported and caught with a Lacrosse stick. The stick features a long handle and has a triangular or curved L-shaped frame at one of its ends. The frame is fastened with a piece of shallow mesh. The head of the Lacrosse stick is employed to catch, carry, pass or shoot the ball into the goal.
The game is fun to play for people of all ages. For playing it nicely, having a good Lacrosse stick is a prerequisite.
Factors to consider before buying a Lacrosse stick
- Check the head of the stick which comprises the pinch, scoop, and sidewall. Flat scoops are ideal for beginners while the u-shaped ones offer enhanced accuracy and better performance to advanced players. You can choose the pinch depending on your playing position. The sidewall determines the stiffness and weight of the equipment. Light head sticks are preferred by shooters and passers owing to the open space on the sidewall.
- Select a good shaft: This is determined by the grip, strength, and weight of the stick. The grip could be smooth, tacky or sandy. The material determines the shaft strength. Lighter shafts work well when shooting or passing as opposed to its heavier forms that are more convenient for stick checks (Check out:- Best Lacrosse Shafts).
- Shaft materials are vital as they determine the strength and weight of the shaft to a great extent. The weight should be aligned with the strength for the best results.
Here’s a list of a few top-quality Lacrosse Sticks for young Lacrosse enthusiasts. The review could enable players to make an informed selection of the playing equipment for the best results.
Table of Contents
- Best Lacrosse Sticks for Youth
- Factors to consider before buying a Lacrosse stick
- Top 5 Best Lacrosse Sticks for Youth 2020
- Concluding Thoughts
Top 5 Best Lacrosse Sticks for Youth 2020
Here are reviews of top lacrosse sticks for young players, selected on many factors.
- STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U is lightweight.
- The stick is ideal for faster players
- Offers good weight-length balance; the entire stick weighs less than a pound
- The pocket on the stick is deep but adjustable
- Reasonably priced for its features
- The wide head enables easier catches
- Fits beginner to intermediate level players.
- Not an ideal stick for tall players
- Model No: CS ST20 B1 SM/AAX6 81/BK
- Featured Refinements: Lacrosse Head
- Bundle Listing: No
- Weight: 0.8 pounds
- Length: 30
- The shape of Scoop: Classic
- Pinch: Mid-High
- The composition of Sidewall: Dual Brace
- Pocket Type: Middle
- Grip: Gloss
STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete Attack/Midfield Stick draws inspiration from the design of Elite Stallion U 500 head. The netting on the stick comprises soft stringing material making it flexible and handy for players. The product is created to allow players to develop their beginner skills so that they can develop their gaming fundamentals well.
The head sides are lightly weighted which makes it an effective Lacrosse stick for easy ball passing. The stick is a standard one and meets rules laid down by the NCAA and NFHS. The stick works best in the following position for the midfielders yet offers versatility. It’s an ideal equipment for the beginner level players.
The handle of STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete Attack/Midfield Stick is smooth and free of any sanding or sticky tape. The shaft is shaped as a polygon which attributes to its classy look coupled with the playing comfort.
Overall, STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete Attack/Midfield Stick with Shaft and Head makes for an average stick for the beginners. Great for practice, this stick enables users to build confidence while honing their throwing and catching skills. However, for advanced players, a stick in the range of 100-200 could fetch better results.
- A well-constructed Lacrosse stick, STX Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Complete Stick is all-weather equipment for entry-level players.
- Available at an affordable price
- U- shaped scoop head makes it convenient for players
- The stick is lightweight
- The short-shaft provides easy maneuvering especially for junior players
- You may need gloves for a good grip.
- Stallion 50 Head
- Stallion 50 Shaft
- Brand: STX
- Pinch: mid-high
- Pocket type: mid-high
- Grip: gloss
- Sidewall: Dual Brace
- Skill level: Beginner
The STX Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Complete Stick is perfectly suited for the beginner level players. It is crafted in a betting manner so that players do not have to spend time adjusting or fitting the head to its shaft. The stick’s design is inspired by the Elite Stallion U-500 Head and is ergonomic and well-balanced for players to easily maneuver.
The stick’s head is moulded with a soft mesh which enables it a tolerant response. The flexible head offers excellent elasticity to players so that they can easily scoop the ball from the ground and head on for faster pickups. The thin handle is relatively shorter than its prototypes available in the market but enhances its use making it an ideal choice for young players.
The shaft measures 28″ instead of 30″ in length and 7/8″ instead of 1″ in width thereby enabling easy handling. The mesh is weaved with soft material adding to the convenience of its use. However, it may not be an appropriate Lacrosse stick choice to play tournaments.
The product is available in platinum white with a glossy finish. Both men and women can comfortably use the STX Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Complete Stick. The stick’s head and shaft weigh around 12 pounds. This lightweight stick makes for an ideal choice for those below 10 years. Players who enjoy the attack mode and love shooting can benefit a great deal from the unit’s u-scoop little head.
If you are starting out, this junior stick is an undoubtedly rewarding choice. However, some experts believe that the STX Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Complete Stick delivers well in practice lessons and is not legally suited to be used for girl’s league play.
- The product is lightweight and makes picking, passing and catching breezy.
- The tacky paint on the stick provides for greater control of the stick
- The rubbery texture on the shaft is better than metal shafts that become colder making it difficult to grip
- Flexible head allows easy scooping
- STX Lacrosse Women’s EXULT 300 Complete Stick is worth its price
- Smoothly adjustable strings
- Not an ideal stick for intermediate or advance level players though it’s packed with features
- Position: Midfield
- Aluminium Alloy
- Brand: STX
- Type: Intermediate
- Style: CX EX30 70
- Size: One Size.
- Colour: Black.
- Gender: Female.
A lacrosse stick that offers versatility to all midfielders, the STX Lacrosse Women’s EXULT 300 Complete Stick Runway Pocket on STX 7075 Handle is available in an elegant black coloured net with a teal head. The sidewalls are relatively stiff and thus provide for greater control and stability. The scoop is quite flexible and allows players to easily pick up ground balls.
The Runaway pocket design is unique and revolutionary. It renders an excellent control to the ball with the overlapping center string mesh. The technology is reassuring for players who want to take their game to the next level. Both the center runners stretch out and hug the ball better and the multiple string holes allow quite a few pocket options. The smooth and soft finish of the handle is commendable and the 7075 alloy offers a good grip on the 7/8” handle.
The angle of the scoop is designed to create better whip and greater accuracy on its straight head. The shaft is soft and has a rubberized finish. It allows for precise gripping with ease owing to the octagon handle that employs straight sides.
Overall, the product is a decent combination of affordability and quality. It’s a little expensive as compared to its prototypes but is a high-quality Lacrosse stick that offers a bundle of features well-suited for all player levels. The superior materials used to engineer STX Lacrosse Women’s EXULT 300 Complete Stick is an exceptional upgrade from the basic stick. The design, head, and grip all ensure to offer a fulfilling Lacrosse experience to the players.
- The specific features on the lacrosse stick befit entry-level women players
- The advanced grip technology provides great comfort
- The raised ball stop enables greater ball control
- The STX Forward Cant facilitates the ball to sit in the pocket enabling accurate passes
- Excellent value for the price
- Not for pro players.
- Throat angle: Straight
- Legality: USL
- Pocket type: Precision
- Available in vibrant colours
- Dimensions: L 42.7 x W 7.3 x H 2 inches
STX Lacrosse Women’s Crux 100 is a perfectly designed lacrosse stick for women. Inspired by the rec attacker, this product is inspired by the leading manufacturers Crux line. Available in green colour, the sidewall design eases its weight yet ensures that the product is strong enough. This makes it perfect for young players. The mesh design on the shaft fits well. The strength attributes to its usefulness in varied situations on the lacrosse pitch.
Crux 100 features a flexible scoop that offers immense flexibility and enables players to make faster scoops when picking up a ball from the playground. The raised ball stop facilitates better control over the ball and ensures that the ball is protected and stays in place. The forward cant on every stick enhances its use. The handles offer a remarkable grip with its 6000 series shaft. It is an ideal model for beginner level players with precision-made pockets.
The product is available in multiple funky colours such as Capri (neon blue), orchid (purple) white, blush (neon pink) and lizard (neon green). There is no rubber runway in the middle, but the precision pocket has two pieces of leather. The scoop on the top is relatively wider than heads on other Crux manufactured sticks. This not only makes it lightweight but also allows players to easily scoop the annoying balls off the ground with ease.
In a nutshell, the Crux 100 Complete Stick gives everything one requires to get on the field and begin playing and is particularly a perfect choice for the new and young players.
For those who wish to play an advanced level where the balls come in fast and fiercely, this may not be an ideal choice. Higher-level players would rather invest in a stick that features a stronger head or stick.
- A shorter and thinner handle makes it easy to catch, cradle and throw the ball.
- The wide face is good for catches
- The larger pocket is befitting and enables enhanced ball control
- Pickups become easier with the flat style scoop on the stick head
- The handle is too short and may not be suitable for high school girls
- Best only for players under 4 feet
- Stick Length: 36’’
- Pocket: Precision
- Profile: Octagonal
- Brand: STX
- Legality: USL
- Throat angle: Straight
- Skill level: beginner
- Positions: Midfield, attack, and defense.
The STX Lilly Girls’ Lacrosse Stick is a well-designed lacrosse stick that features a wide face and low side walls. This enables easy catching and provides optimal and consistent security to the ball. This product is ideal for beginners who wish to make an impact on the ground. The widened face offers a larger surface area thus enabling easy catching.
The scoop is flatly designed and provides smooth pickups for the most annoying balls. The sidewall which is relatively lower than several other lacrosse stick prototypes provides a deep pocket that optimizes ball security. The 36” length of the stick meets the playing requirements of entry-level players. The channel in the center of the stick is wide and enables the sharpening of cradling skills. This also contributes to developing crisper passes.
STX Lilly Girls’ Lacrosse Stick is an ideal choice for the young girls who are out there to learn the game basics. The stick is available in vibrant colours such as Lime, Pink, Columbia Blue, and White and you can choose one that matches your personal preference and style. The flat scoop allows ball retrieval much easier. The unique design and deep pockets provide ample control and better catch which is difficult to find in any other Lacrosse stick brand.
Overall, a great buy for the young Lacrosse players, STX Lilly Girls’ Lacrosse Stick meets the FIL requirements. It is uniquely designed with the lower sidewalls that are not usually found in an entry-level Lacrosse stick. One of the best beginner sticks, this is relatively shorter and smaller than the regulation sticks. Thus, it works well for training younger players the skill to catch and throw with heightened control.
The pockets don’t starch out of shape and are great for picking the ground balls.
Despite its reasonable pricing, it’s a far better performing stick than other lacrosse sticks. It is durable, made of good quality and can be used for longer duration in any competition.
At the end of the day when selecting the best beginner lacrosse stick for the young ones, one must remember that age, skill set, playing preferences and position influence the utility of the stick. While there is a multitude of products to choose from, the above-given reviews of top lacrosse sticks for youth could help as a guide to making a choice that meets your requirements and offers real value for money.