As a midfielder, choosing a dedicated stick is certainly crucial as it helps you stay at the highest level of your game, so check out these top lacrosse sticks for middies that will perfectly suit the needs of any midfielder.
Best Lacrosse Sticks for Middies 2020
Here are some of the most wanted lacrosse sticks for midfielders, rated by quality & popularity.
|Best Lacrosse Sticks for Middies||Highlights||Price|
|#1. STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Stick||Lightweight, Affordable, Wide Head||Check Price|
|#2. K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Midfield Stick||Durable & Inexpensive||Check Price|
|#3. Powell Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick||Certified, Lightweight, Durable||Check Price|
Lacrosse is a sport that can be played across all age groups. Choosing an ideal lacrosse stick that perfectly fits one’s style, skill set, ability and positioning could be one of the most challenging for players. With the rising popularity of the game, you will find a wide range of lacrosse sticks and accessories available in the market. If you are a midfielder then undoubtedly you are the one in action most of the time on the ground. Middies are allowed to move and play across the entire field.
A good midfielder is characterized by endurance and speed. With transition being one of the principal tasks of the middies, it is important to have a stick featuring a deep pocket to enable easy scooping of balls when in the course of transition. A lacrosse stick that allows for controlling the ball easily and features a strung head that offers optimum protection and consistency makes for the perfect instrument for the midfielders.
Whether new to this sport or an experienced player, purchasing a new complete stick can be confusing with some many options. For the beginner level players, buying a lacrosse stick with head and shaft is a great option while for the advanced enthusiasts investing in the lax head and lax shaft separately could give desired results.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Lacrosse Sticks for Middies
Here’s a list of the best-rated lacrosse sticks that can fulfill all playing requirements of midfielders on the run.
- The stick has a wide and universal head
- The equipment meets all NCAA and NFHS regulations
- The design, make and colour all make it an excellent choice for male players
- The lightweight shaft is easy to handle and suits all level of players, especially the beginners
- An ideal choice for middies and attackers
- It may not be the best stick for tall people.
The STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete is an absolute choice for lacrosse players, especially men who are looking to start their training in the sport. The product is designed specifically to assist players to develop their basic skills required in playing and mastering the game. The head and shaft are combined in a great way and is befitting for the entry-level players.
The shaft of STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete is built with a high-quality and long-lasting aluminium material that is resistant to beating and thus does not wear off easily. The head of the stick is made of a softer material that allows the ball to stay and facilitates in cradling it efficiently. The head is pre-strung and comes with a hard and consistent net material that offers enhanced skill development abilities to the players.
Middies would enjoy transferring the ball with this stick as it allows easy scooping of the ball from the ground and enables efficient passing. The durability of the stick makes it a guaranteed choice for all level players. Though it is designed to meet the fundamental playing needs of the younger players, advanced players will enjoy this stick and employ it in their practice sessions. The robust stick can be used as a backup stick as well. Reasonably priced as compared to its prototypes available in the market, this particular stick can be bought without burning a hole in your pocket.
Prior to shortlisting the STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete, ensure that it fits your playing position and style as this one is suited to midfielders and attackers rather than defenders and goalies. It’s significant to note that attackers and midfielders have a very active role on the lacrosse ground and the chosen equipment will complement one’s playing style.
STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U ensures fast pickup and efficient passing of the ball and has been constructed with the intention of facilitating the new players hone their skills and develop gameplay techniques. The pre-strung head of the stick is an additional benefit for lacrosse novices. Higher-level players usually prefer adjustable heads.
However, provided that this stick is of such refined quality and often recommended by professionals, you can simply restring the head that comes with the stick as you grow your skills and become comfortable with the gameplay.
- STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete is inspired by Elite Stallion U-500 head which is wide and universal and is made of a black plastic material
- The head of the stick is molded with a soft black colored mesh material that provides a tolerant response
- The product is designed to enable players to develop their fundamentals appropriately
- STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete facilitates easy ball-catching and provides better ball control.
- The mesh is made of soft stringing material
- The 6000 series alloy handle enables better grip
- The product meets all NCAA and NFHS rules and is a legal stick that can be used to play Lacrosse universally.
- The black coloured stick with metallic graphics is an attractive choice for men
- The STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete stick weighs less than one pound and is best for practice. It develops confidence and builds on a player’s throwing and catching skills.
Overall, the STX Men’s Lacrosse Stallion 200 U meets player’s expectations to live up to its reputation. A well-performing stick that is lightweight and inexpensive, this could be a grand choice for the middies & that’s why tops our list of lacrosse sticks for midfielders.
- Ideal for new players
- Best suited for the midfielders and attackers on the Lacrosse ground
- Available in solid black colour
- Technology such as Anodization and watermarking makes the stick durable
- Good quality soft material mesh
- Inexpensive Lacrosse stick
- The stick design may not meet the playing requirements of Lacrosse goalies and defenders
The K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Attack/Midfield Stick is designed for players who are on the lookout for adding a feather to their cap. The shaft is constructed of aluminium and the stick comprises a PP injection-shaped head and Terylene net. The net enables the ball to its sweet spot and ensures swift release thereby ushering an amazing feel on the ball. There are two special techniques used on K-LASON Lacrosse Complete stick model. These include the following:
- “Anodization” refers to a process in which the aluminium shaft is given an electrical charge to increase the thickness of the oxide layer. This makes it harder, long-lasting and minimizes chances of corrosion.
- A special transparent spray chemical paint is used to add sheen and smoothness to the stick. This prevents the colour on the stick from fading easily and enhances the look and feel of the stick.
K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Attack/Midfield with Shaft and Head has the features that provide the greatest comfort to middies and attackers on the ground. Specially crafted for men, the stick is black in colour with a soft mesh material that matches the stick’s elegance. A silver colour variant of the stick is also available from the same brand.
The stick is embossed with the Calt logo which has been printed with the latest water transfer printing technology. This advanced equipment has an enhanced construct and appearance. K-LASON Lacrosse Complete is lightweight yet an extremely sturdy stick that suits the midfielders on the run.
- K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Attack/Midfield is engineered to facilitate players to build and sharpen their fundamentals properly
- Every part of this model is designed to work in coordination such that weight, length, and performance are balanced perfectly.
- The high-quality composition material makes the stick and all its parts durable.
- The advanced technology used on the stick’s built and surface ensures to make it harder, long-lasting, smooth and less prone to everyday warp.
- The stick is perfect for catching and controlling the ball easily.
- It can be used for all level of players though is best suited to the beginners.
- K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Attack/Midfield meets all NCAA and NFHS rules and can be used to play matches and tournaments universally.
- Weight: 658 g
- Dimensions: 101.6 x 17.8 x 4.1 cm
- Colour: Black/Polaris
- Brand: K-LASON
Overall, the K-LASON Lacrosse Complete Attack/Midfield Stick with Shaft & Head is an impeccable choice for adult men who enjoy passing and throwing on the lacrosse field. The stick is reasonably priced and worth its cost. Ideally suited for beginner level lacrosse players, even advanced players can use it for practice or conveniently use it as a backup stick.
- The Switchback Complete stick from Powell is hand strung with high-quality strings
- It features a pioneer head
- Certified for playing matches and tournaments
- The switchback stick is lightweight and beginner level players can also use it
- A great stick for middies as it offers great consistency in its head and shaft
- It is made of a high-performance material – 7U1 and is a durable product
- The shaft comes in seven colours to choose from
- The alloy is lighter yet stronger as compared to 7075 Aluminium
- This product may not suit the lacrosse defenders and goalies.
Powell Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick for Attack/Midfield is an easy-to-play and adjustable lacrosse stick. Manufactured by Powell, the stick comes in a wide range of colours. A stick that delivers to its maximum potential, this product is an amazing one with a distinct factory strung pocket made with high-quality material thereby minimizing the challenges imposed by strung sticks. The quality of mesh used in this product is extraordinary and Powell ensures high-standards in most of its lacrosse equipment.
The lacrosse pocket on Powell’s Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick is designed by a skilled stringer to ensure its uniformity and legitimacy of use. One of the best factory pockets, everyone from kids to adults can easily adjust the bottom string in case they want a deep pocket. The stick is ideal for middies and attackers and can support great passes.
The pocket enables a fantastic hold and players can use the shooting string to add whip if required. While young players may need to tighten the strings a little, adults can leave it the way it is. The head is well fastened and is not wobbly. A flimsy head could be really annoying and this stick from Powell ensures that the head sits firmly on the shaft. The consistency in the head and shaft dimensions give it an upper edge over its flimsy prototypes in the market.
Powell Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick comes with a long cap. It is made of thick rubber that assures durability. The strings are made of a high-quality plastic material that lasts long. This product is the perfect combination of quality and cost, thus adding to the stick’s virtues. The head is available in different colours such as white, grey and black and players can make a choice as per their taste and preference.
Overall, Powell Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick for Attack/Midfield with Head & Shaft is a little expensive but really worth its price. It doesn’t require adjustments and can stand the test of time. It is perfect for those looking to serve midfield or attack. The pioneer head strung my professionals facilitates the high performance of the Powell Lacrosse Switchback Complete Stick.
The appropriate gear is a prerequisite for playing a good game of lacrosse. Every shot played depends on the features and quality of the lacrosse stick that a player uses. It is pertinent to pick a stick that is light, yet sturdy and comes with the most advanced technology. The above guide could assist you in selecting the correct stick that can perform well, especially for middies.
But in case you have any query in your mind regarding these best lacrosse sticks for middies, then we have our comment section open.