Lacrosse is a sport cherished by all age groups. It’s important to choose the appropriate Lacrosse gear before starting out on the field. Whether you are a beginner, advanced elite level player, all you need is the perfect shaft that suits your playing requirement. Shaft length and size is largely determined by your playing position and all shafts are not built equally. So depending on various factors, let’s check a list of some of the best lacrosse shafts of this year.
List of Best Lacrosse Shafts 2021
All these are elite lacrosse shafts rated by experts based on factors like quality, brand, popularity, playing position, etc., so you can choose any one of these.
|Top 10 Lacrosse Shafts||Position||Price|
|#1. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft||Attack||Check Price Here|
|#2. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro Shaft||Defense||Check Price Here|
|#3. East Coast Dyes ECD Lacrosse Carbon 2.0||Attack||Check Price Here|
|#4. Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Lacrosse Shaft||Defense||Check Price Here|
|#5. Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Lacrosse Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price Here|
|#6. Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft||Defense||Check Price Here|
|#7. Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shaft||Defender/LSM||Check Price Here|
|#8. Epoch 6th Generation Dragonfly Lacrosse Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price Here|
|#9. ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro 2.0 Shaft||Attack||Check Price Here|
|#10. Epoch Dragonfly Select Concave Lacrosse Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price Here|
Check out: Best Lacrosse Sticks
Depending on whether you play attack, defense, midfielder, goalie, or any other, the shaft size will vary. Moreover, the material, shape, and grip of your shaft play a pivotal role in the manner you play on the field. The shape of your lacrosse shaft can largely affect your grip and cradling. The shaft material and grip contribute to the weight, balance, and comfort of your game.
It’s advisable to consider all the parameters before picking the right shaft that works best for you. There are a host of shafts manufactured by various brands and here are some of the best-rated shafts for lacrosse enthusiasts to choose from.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Lacrosse Shafts 2021
- Top 10 Best Lacrosse Shafts 2021
- #1. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft
- #2. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro Shaft
- #3. East Coast Dyes ECD Lacrosse Carbon 2.0
- #4. Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Lacrosse Shaft
- #5. Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Lacrosse Shaft
- #6. Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft
- #7. Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shaft
- #8. Epoch 6th Generation Dragonfly Lacrosse Shaft
- #9. ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro 2.0 Shaft
- #10. Epoch Dragonfly Select Concave Lacrosse Shaft
- Concluding Thoughts
Top 10 Best Lacrosse Shafts 2021
The East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft features the Flex 5 technology, which makes transitions easier than any other standard alloy shaft. Much like the technology, the stick flexes in the course of passing and shooting and can increase your speed.
The shaft offers a sandpaper grip on the handle, which has an octagonal shape. The classic shape with concave sides gives the perfect feel in your hands.
It provides a strong grip and comfortable feel around the year. The shaft comes with a six-month factory warranty.
The lightweight, strong, and loading technology enables faster and straighter shots. Available in six different colors, you can easily use the East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft in any weather condition. It is long-lasting and does not dent easily.
- The shaft weighs only 6.2 ounces and is one of the lightweight shafts available in the market
- The ECD Lacrosse Shaft offers a good grip
- Comes with half-year warranty
- The 30” shaft offers a competitive playing advantage
- Advanced carbon fiber construction
- Comes with a relatively bigger shaft base
- Weight- 147 grams.
- Size: 30 inches
- Handle shape: Octagon
- Position: Attack
Price: You can purchase the East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft at an affordably premium price.
The ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro is a lightweight shaft and features advanced composite materials that ensure high-quality and good performance. Well suited to those playing defense, this 60” Carbon Pro shaft has a mid-kick point that gives it a great balance and allows enhanced accuracy in long clearing passes.
It also features a React Flex material that contributes to the shot speed and snaps. The distinct raised texture at the bottom of the shaft enables a perfect grip, especially when throwing checks. A sturdy shaft, it offers great durability and is loved by defenders. Powered by the East Coast Dyes Kick Point technology, the shaft is perfect for fast shots and quick feeds.
The product is customized for both defense and attack lengths and can make performing easy anywhere on the field. The shaft’s design is appropriate for inside shooters where it delivers the extra kick at the end of the shot when hitting around it tightly.
ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro is suited for both the high schools level lacrosse attackers as well as the elite players. This shaft is available in carbon matte black, matte grey, and signature white colors. Whether you play attack, middie, goalie, or defense the Carbon Pro is a timeless solution to your lacrosse-playing needs.
- The shaft is lightweight, yet strong and advanced
- Each position length features a unique flex profile designed to offer optimal performance especially for attackers, defenders, and goalies.
- The kick point technology enables faster releases.
- The ECD Carbon shaft provides the perfect grip
- Faster shoots
- It may take a while for the beginners to adapt to the lightweight shaft
- Weight: 6.2 ounces
- Material: Carbon fiber
- Position: Defense
Price: The East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro is available at an attractive price.
The East coast dyes have released their new carbon 2.0 shaft, which is the much-anticipated iteration of their first composite shaft for playing the lacrosse game. The best features of these lacrosse shafts are that it features a durable texture, long-lasting paint, and a sleek clean design. These lacrosse shafts are designed to perform at their highest level and its carbon 2.0 shaft is strong, light, and more durable than its predecessor.
The shaft also features a new Impact+ layer to render optional strength, without adding any additional bulk. The shaft weighs only 154 grams and its carbon 2.0 layer is one of the lightest shafts that are available in the market. The carbon 2.0 comes with a uniform kick point, making it easy to transition from a standard alloy shaft. It allows the player to feel the benefit of a carbon shaft, that flexed to render additional torque on passes and shots.
Its durable texture and long-lasting paint ensure that it maintains its sleek and clean design for a very long time than the original carbon. Also, East Coast Dyes have used optimized paint on Carbon 2.0 in an attempt to enhance its control, comfort, and strength. In short, these lacrosse shafts are built for players who are always looking for more in their lacrosse game. It is lightweight, strong, and durable with a sleek upgrade from the original ECD carbon shaft.
- The lacrosse shaft is made from durable carbon composite material
- The stick is versatile, lightweight, and is extremely comfortable to use
- It is also very fast and is highly durable and is a great shaft for players in the attach zone.
- The stick doesn’t come with an end cap.
As the name suggests, the Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle is an ideal shaft for the “warriors” on the ground. It is usually preferred by those playing frontline with a mandate of scoring in the course of passing the ball.
The diamond grip is unique to this shaft and ensures that players have a firm and sturdy grip that is slip-free in any given weather condition.
The shaft is made of Kryptolyte alloy material, which makes it strong as well as rust-free. It also contributes to its lightweight enabling smooth play and great performance in the field. The “Speed-die” shape of the shaft provides the traditional feel of a stick to this shaft.
- The Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle Shaft is a compact one
- Does not require any external assembling
- The material used in its construction makes it strong and resistant to regular wear and tear
- Allow for a comfortable grip and control in all conditions
- Offers value for money
- The superlight shaft may not be suitable for some players.
Price: The Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle Lacrosse Shaft is priced reasonably.
Love by passionate Lacrosse players, the Warrior Kryptolyte Criss-Cross Attack shaft is a perfect balance between strength and weight. This is an important feature for lacrosse sticks and this lightweight shaft has an upgraded crisscross pattern from which it derives its name.
The pattern provides the shaft with its grip and comes with an additional graphic that adds to its functionality. The “x” pattern of the shaft gives players ultimate control of the stick and is an ideal one for attackers.
The shaft’s grip is slip free and its grip elements are strategically arranged at the top and bottom, which makes for the places where players typically tape their sticks. It is engineered with high-grade 7001 Kryptolyte alloy material popularly known as one of the best materials used in shafts. The shaft is trendy in its appearance and features the new “fade away” graphics look.
- Weight: 210 grams
- Size: 30”
- Grip: Full Length
- Shape: Straight
- Material: Alloy
- Position: Attack/Midfield
- Makes for an ideal shaft for male attack players
- It comes with six months manufacturer warranty.
- Offers value for money
- There could be some light chipping on the grip coating.
Price: The Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Attack Lacrosse Shaft is affordable.
The Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft has been designed in a manner to suit the playing requirements of youth and high school players of any position. The platinum series of handles ensure great strength to the shaft, which is almost double that of any standard aluminum handle.
Beginners will find this shaft as a functional gear to take their gaming to the next level. The platinum grade alloy also ensures the shaft’s durability and comes handy in receiving and giving big checks with full potential.
- Size: 60”
- Weight: 425 grams
- Shape: Straight
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Position: Defense
- Ideal for beginners and intermediate level players of any position.
- The zonal grip is raised from the bottom of the shaft
- It is an ideal design for those who are looking for an extra grip, no extra tapes required
- The platinum grade construction offers double strength to the shaft. Better than aluminum alloy
- Great shaft for mid-level players
- May not be suitable for goalies.
Price: The Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft is priced at a reasonable price.
This shaft from Epoch is an exclusive one loaded with the most advanced technologies. The Surface Veil Technology has been engineered to increase the firmness of the Dragonfly Eight shaft. The additional layer comes with the highly engineered material which features on the shaft’s exterior.
The manufacturing process makes way for SVT to be integrated with the carbon fiber layer. This adds a superficial layer that protects the surface and prevents it from warping or denting easily. The 12K “Intelligent Weave Technology” attributes to its stability thereby allowing players to push the stick’s head when shooting or passing the ball. This technology enables greater and uniform construction of the shaft.
The uniform release allows for consistent flex and provides enhanced control to the players. The shaft bends when required owing to the Flex IQ technology enabled on it. The torque box reduces crimp and reduces the weight of the shaft by cutting down on the non-essential materials.
- Position: Defender/LSM
- Length: 60 inch
- Material: Composite Carbon
- Technology: A.C.L. with Axis Technology
- Colors: Naked Carbon and White
- Warranty: 1 year
- Top Coat: Slip Grip
- Engineered with advanced aerospace-grade materials such as carbon fiber
- SVT protects the outer surface and adds on to the shaft’s longevity
- Maintains the structural integrity of weight-strength balance
- Can elevate your game to a grander level
- Ensures greater power, more accuracy, and better performance
- Does not feature additional superior grip formation
Price: You can purchase the Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shafts at a Premium but affordable price.
This 30” shaft from Epoch is a favorite among midfielders and attackers. The ergonomic shape that comes with a slip/grip has a highly engineered texture, which allows a consistent grip through all weather. The Advanced Carbon Layering is unique to the Gen.6 Dragonfly and consists of thin composite layers.
The torque box is placed above the bottom hand and under the shaft top to create an optimal effect around the player’s hands. The torque box’s placement is such that it creates strength through the center and minimizes the weight around its ends, thus making it one of the lightest shafts available in the market.
The Flex IQ of 5 provides the shaft with great bendability and offers a uniform release point enabling smooth gameplay. The use of low Fiber Areal Weight in combination with high modulus carbon fiber creates tension on the fibers thereby making it flex back to its original position to offer optimal recoil.
- Position: Attack/ Midfield
- Length: 30 inches
- Material: Composite/Carbon Fiber
- Top coat: Slip/Grip
- Release point: Uniform
- Technology Platform: Advanced Carbon Layering with Axis Technology
- Warranty: One Year
- The product comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer
- The shaft features a uniform release point.
- It is ideal for shooting and passing on the field. The carbon fibers are stretched along the front and compressed along the back by the load in the shaft the causes it to flex.
- The reload technology and high modulus carbon fiber extend optimal recoil.
- The composite material facilitates a good grip and there is no requirement of using grip tapes.
- The short stick may not be suitable for the defensive players and goalies.
Price: Epoch Lacrosse 6th Generation Dragonfly Carbon Fiber Short Stick can be purchased at an affordable price.
This is an expert Lacrosse shaft that features sharp looks and advanced performance for the elite players. The East Coast Dyes have accumulated years of their carbon fiber research and development in their design process to tailor-make this shaft and infuse it with utmost performance. The Carbon Pro lacrosse shaft features impressive new looks to stand out from the rest of the shaft and is a head-turner in the field.
This new lacrosse shaft from ECD features new sets of Flex profiles and textured grips to fit any player’s style-specific performance, right from the minute they step into the field. Its new kick point technology paired with the newly engineered flex profiles, generate distinct packages to meet the preferences of all types of players. This Carbon Pro 2.0 shaft comes with a newly updated coating mixture to increase the durability of both the paint and the texture. The ECD backs the Carbon Pro 2.0 shaft with a six-month durability guarantee as well.
The Kick point technology of this lacrosse shaft brings about differentiated release points to each profile, allowing for position-specific performances. Its new flex profiles allow for additional control over the performance and feel of each of the shafts. Its newly optimized shaft shape creates enhanced control, comfort, and strength. More than all of these features, East Coast Dyes also stands behind the credibility of their product with a worry-free 6-month warranty.
- This lacrosse shaft has been designed for power and speed.
- Specifically designed to match the player’s style and preference with distinct performance packages.
- It’s newly updated coating mixture increases texture and paint durability.
- It helps to have super-fast and accurate shots and is also lightweight to carry around easily.
- The grip of the shaft is not durable and wears off with extensive use.
Epoch leads the development of technology in the lacrosse game by designing, engineering, and manufacturing all lacrosse components in-house. The dragonfly selection is made in America with pride and is carefully designed by the world’s best engineers, the latest manufacturing process, and raw materials. Epoch as a brand leads the field of lacrosse shafts and features dynamic flex iQ5 shafts. These shafts bend when they need to, and also retain their firmness for rendering maximum control.
They are far better than other conventional shafts that make use of fiberglass to enhance bendability. Fiberglass is a cheap and less durable material and it is better to choose Epoch shafts for the best value for money. The Dragonfly Select is the ideal carbon fiber shaft for offensive-minded players, looking for excellent versatility in the field. This lacrosse shaft has been engineered with the core technologies of Epoch and is also one of the lightest composite lacrosse shafts available in the market.
Its advanced carbon layering allows players to control almost all aspects of the shaft’s performance. Its HD resin enhances the mechanical strength of the shaft for improved durability. It also adds several other benefits to other tech features of the shaft. Epoch also offers three months’ warranty on all the Dragonfly select shaft along with layering it with the latest technologies. It makes use of a uni-directional carbon fiber prepreg with a low fiber areal weight, compared with many conventional shafts.
- Excellent lacrosse shaft that renders excellent benefits at an affordable value.
- Wonderful lacrosse sticks are available at a great price.
- Its slip topcoat allows players to maintain a consistent grip in all weather.
- Lightweight shaft with tough playability.
- This is more of a beginner’s shaft for pre-teen kids and doesn’t appeal to advanced players.
So this ends our review section of best lacrosse shafts available this year for all the lacrosse lovers.
This review is just an effort to present to you some of the best lacrosse shafts available so that you can make a comprehensive choice based on your personal preference that suits your playing needs. The above brief highlights the important factors such as grip, weight, strength, and durability of the shaft that one needs to keep in mind while purchasing the appropriate shaft.
However, you may also consider the ease of cleaning, use, appearance, and a number of grip positions and design of the shaft’s holding edge before picking one of the best lacrosse shafts for playing a winning match.