Here are the best ice hockey sticks for beginners rated by our experts based on a number of factors like quality, price, the material used, weight, design, etc..
|Product Name||Editor Rating||Price|
|#1. Franklin Sports Vinyl Street Hockey Stick||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. STX Surgeon Rx 3.2 Ice Hockey Stick||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. Mylec Eclipse Jet Flo Stick||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. Franklin Sports Youth Street Hockey Set||8.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. Bauer Nexus Pro XL Mini Composite Stick||8/10||Check Price Here|
Table of Contents
Top 5 Ice Hockey Sticks For Beginners
Choosing a hockey stick is extremely crucial for any player. With hundreds of options available, it can be quite difficult to decide which one to experiment with. Having the best hockey stick would make a lot of difference to your game.
You need to first analyze your style of play before choosing a product for your game. This will assist you in shortlisting products that can promise you shot accuracy and maximum puck control in the game. There is a need to get the specifications right. The four main factors to look into are blade curve, length, lie, and the flex.
It is also essential to take your experience into consideration which purchasing an ice hockey stick. If you are a beginner, there would be no need for you to go on the extreme end of the technical specifications. A decent stick with the essential specifics would be more than enough.
We have thoroughly studied the best options available to equip you with the necessary information. This can simplify your decision-making process.
Here is a detailed review of the top five best ice hockey sticks available for beginners.
- An advanced product promising outstanding value
- Backed with 90-day manufacturer’s warranty
- A great option for beginners
- Provides great control needed for wrist shots
- Not a durable option for players aged 11 and above
- Ideal for juniors age 9 and up
- Measures 48” in length
- Shaft designed with multi-ply birch/poplar
- Recycled rigid polymer used for the blade
- Fused shaft construction
- Features vinyl graphic wrap throughout the length
This 48” street hockey street consists of full coverage vinyl graph wrap bearing the logo of the NHL team. If you are a fan of the team, then you would certainly be ecstatic about choosing this stick for your training sessions. This stick features a high-impact ABS street hockey blade and a durable wood shaft.
Designed with multi-ply birch/poplar, this ice hockey stick is just perfect for picking up the basics. You can include it in your collection or while playing in the backyard with friends. This stick is licensed by the NHL team and has been recommended especially for juniors aged 9 and above.
What is incredible is that this ice hockey stick is backed by a 90-day limited warranty by the makers. This hints of the confidence that the makers have in their offering.
- Super light and durable
- Delivers powerful shots
- Study and a great look
- Increased puck control
- Less durable than other options available in the same price range
- The ergonomic design of the shaft to maximize contact between hands and the stick
- Quicker release
- Maximum load capacity and fast shots promised
- Protection against breakage and premature wear
- Advanced one-piece construction
This ice hockey stick is a great option for beginners. It promises pure performance during the gameplay. The patented Precision flex and PureGrip shaft shape will elevate your gaming experience.
PureGrip is primarily an ergonomic design on the underside of the shaft. It maximizes the contact between the stick and your hands thereby providing you more control of the puck. The upper shaft region maximizes load capacity to deliver quicker and harder shots.
This STX ice hockey stick comes with a proprietary resin that has been injected along the base of the blade to increase its durability. The resin also protects from breakage and premature wear. This makes it a great option for children who are trying to grasp the basics of the game.
- A great option for beginners
- Good puck control
- A durable option
- Well-made and inexpensive
- The blade wears out easily
- Has little flex
- Replaceable jet flo blade
- Two-piece design secured with two screws
- Patented design
- 43” wooden shaft
This is one of the best hockey sticks available for beginners if you want to feel your shots during the game. The wooden shaft has low flex and is durable. The blade is thick.
Mylec Jet Flo is one of the best hockey sticks available for the beginners. This patented blade ensures better management of the puck. It can be used for both ice and street hockey. This stick can deliver high-end performance regardless of what kind of game you are playing.
The stick has ceramic reinforcements and is hence durable. You can switch to a milder blade while playing ice hockey.
- Flexible ABS plastic shaft and blade
- Sturdy design
- Lightweight sticks and would not tire the juniors while practicing
- Colorful logo on the stick
- Not a great option for competitive play
- The kit consists of two 37” hockey sticks and low-density ball
- Straight blade design makes the stick apt for both left and right-handed players
- Includes official size 65mm hockey ball
- Full cover vinyl graphic wrap around the shaft
- NHL logos on both sticks
- Designed for players aged 6 and above
This set consists of two 34” junior hockey sticks featuring NHL graphics and a low-density street hockey ball. Both the blade and the shaft in the stick are constructed with durable and flexible ABS plastic. This ensures that it can withstand natural wear and tear while playing on the pavement.
The hockey stick has been specifically engineered for young athletes exploring the game for the first time. This kit promises excitement to kids learning how to play hockey. The convenient design ensures comfort while practicing.
The vibrant detailing on the stick is pretty attractive. This kit is ideal for ages 6 and above. The stick features official NHL branding.
- Promises shot consistency
- Accurate shot release each time
- Less power to be exerted during a shot
- Shaft geometry ensures comfort feel
- Mid kick point ensures quick release shots
- Would make a great gift for any hockey fan
- Durability is not great in comparison to the other competitive offerings
- Made from reinforced carbon fibers
- Has extended length compared to other knee hockey sticks
- Authentic Nexus Pro graphics
- Features R-LITE blade
- Integrated absorbent core
- Corners are 14 percent rounded in comparison to previous models
- Improved sweet spot and redesigned control shaft geometry
- Double concave walls on the shaft ensure better puck handling
This is one of the most innovative hockey sticks available for juniors. It features an R-LITE blade. There is reinforced placing between the crux of the blade with carbon fiber. It promises increased puck. Also, the stick is durable but also light. Features new control shaft geometry to deliver an ergonomic feel. The corners are 14 percent rounded than the previous editions.
Bauer has integrated an absorbent core in the blade of the stick for keeping it lighter. This gives a greater sense of feel on the stick. This design incorporates the new carbon fiber technology developed by Bauer called TexTreme. The carbon fiber used in the design is ultra-light and lighter than conventional fibers by 20 percent. Also, this renders the design durable.
Bauer has also changed the taper in this design to make it more moderate during the shaft transitions. This ensures greater consistency. Nexus Pro XL is an exceptional hockey stick. It has a cult following despite the durability issues faced by the players.
If you are looking to derive top-notch performance from a stick, then you should go for Nexus Pro XL. This stick is well balanced when it comes to the features.
All the reviews are of best ice hockey sticks for beginners but you need to remember that investing in a hockey stick requires much more than just looking into the physical dimensions and attractive design. You need to go for a stick based on your position in the team. If you are planning to put your kids on the team, then make sure to give them some time to decide what they love the most about the game. Let them identify their style in the gameplay and then you can help them decide which stick would prove to be the best for them.