After learning the proper badminton game, the next immediate thing you have to do is choosing the right badminton racket for you to stay ahead of the game.
Best Badminton Rackets for Intermediate Players
Intermediate players can choose these top-class badminton rackets with the best features.
|Best Badminton Rackets for Intermediates||Editor Score||Price|
|#1. Yonex Muscle Power Series Badminton Racket||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#2. Senston N80 Graphite Badminton Racket||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#3. Yonex Astrox 7 Badminton Racket||9.5/10||Check Price Here|
|#4. Young Enviro Professional Badminton Racket||9/10||Check Price Here|
|#5. Franklin Sports Elite Badminton Racket||8/10||Check Price Here|
|#6. Yonex Muscle Power 3 Badminton Racket||8/10||Check Price Here|
|#7. Champion Sports Double Frame Badminton Racket||8/10||Check Price Here|
For starters, every coach recommends slightly heavier racket to practice the techniques and season their arms for proper power and agility. Once you have learned the swings and clears, you can get into the phase of sharpening your skills. This is where you have to upgrade your equipment levels.
Once you are clear about the game, you will know what parameters to be considered before buying the best matching racket for you. However, each player will have different requirements.
Here, I have cherry-picked the top 7 best badminton rackets for intermediate players with varied specs for aimed at different people. So to choose the right one, you have to be clear about the differences in the performance characteristics as the result of their varied characteristics.
Read them all to decide which one is made for you!
Table of Contents
- Best Badminton Rackets for Intermediate Players
- Top 7 Best Intermediate Badminton Rackets 2021
- #1. Yonex Muscle Power Series Badminton Racket
- #2. Senston N80 Graphite Badminton Racket
- #3. Yonex Astrox 7 Badminton Racket
- #4. Young Enviro Professional Badminton Racket
- #5. Franklin Sports Elite Badminton Racket
- #6. Yonex Muscle Power 3 Badminton Racket
- #7. Champion Sports Double Frame Badminton Racket
- Final Words
Top 7 Best Intermediate Badminton Rackets 2021
Here are the best feature-rich badminton rackets perfectly suited to intermediate players.
This muscle power series of the Yonex badminton rackets come with high tension pre-strung racquets with the shaft and the frame composed of graphite material. The Isometric shape of these rackets helps in badminton training and this rackets thus suits beginners and intermediate players pretty well.
The muscle power frame of these rackets has been carefully framed to ensures maximum repulsion power. These muscle power series of rackets from the Yonex brand locates the strings on rounded archways and helps in eliminating stress load and fatigue efficiently with the help of contact friction. Such a tighter and a closer construction creates total unity of the string and frame. The racket comes pre-strung at the desired tension level for beginners.
- The racket comes pre-strung and its string tension will be around 24.
- A unique construction that has proven to be beneficial for the players in the court.
- Powerful racket for intermediates.
- Slightly Heavy but still worth the money.
The badminton racket series made by senston are mostly made of carbon fiber material making it light without compromising on strength. In particular, the N80 racket is a great choice for beginners and intermediate players in the price range.
So what makes it intermediate player friendly?
The isometric head construction provides more space for the sweet spot, making it go through higher hit rates. Also, the string is not too tight. The tension remains around 25 lbs, which is not too stiff. This allows the shuttle cork to stay a little longer on the racket’s heading, allowing better control.
The light frame and medium flex shaft allows you to react quickly to the oncoming shuttle cork, and can greatly manipulate the return direction and power, earning accurate placements and powerful drop shots.
Since the head and shaft is made of carbon fiber, the overall weight of the racket remains under 90 grams. Also, the inbuilt T-joint lessens the possibility of breaking or loosening.
- Strong carbon fiber ensures less weight and high strength
- Overall weight is pretty less at 80 grams approx – highly responsive and agile
- In-built T-joint avoids unwanted breakage or loosening
- The isometric head allows more surface area to increase the hit rates
- String tension at 24-26 lbs. is not too tight or too loose – an intermediate player friendly
- Available at 9 different color options
- You will get a full-sized cover – better portability
- The quality of grip is not that great – you can use custom grips to match your requirements
Overall, the Senston N80 ticks all the right boxes for a good badminton racket for beginners. Some features like lightweight and sturdy construction, isometric head, and medium-stiff strings make it a great badminton racket for intermediate players. The lightweight character allows the intermediate players to use the skill they have learned from those heavy rackets.
Don’t worry about the aesthetics, as the racket is available at 9 different shades to choose from.
For the price paid, you won’t get disappointed with the quality and durability it offers.
This is an exceptional Badminton racket for intermediates from the Yonex brand and this racquet tends to combine incredible power and speed for the game training. The Yonex Astrox 7 is a perfect racket for players who seek a perfect all-round performance in the court. Its exclusive Tri-Voltage system offers a perfect combination of speedy handling and heavy smashes for the Badminton players in the court.
It is a heavy balance racket that offers ample power for the players to enhance the speed of the racket and hit the powerful and fast smashes easily. Its isometric head shape ensures that the length of the vertical string is equal to the horizontal strings, thus rendering a large sweet spot. And the weight in this racket is distributed from the tip till the end of the grip for maximum control.
- You will be able to transit from one shot to another smoothly in rapid succession.
- The racket features equal weight distribution in the racket from the top frame to the grip.
- A good balance of power & speed.
- The strings can break down easily during heavy training.
This racket appeals for professional badminton players pretty well as it features a flexible shaft for powerful game training. The racket is extremely lightweight and has a light head and is thus perfect for fast playing and hard smashes. The tension on the strings in allowed up to 33-lb with ample sweet spot for returning even the toughest shots.
The frame and shaft of this racket are made from one-piece high-quality graphite material and it doesn’t have any built-in connectors or T-joint between the shaft and the frame. As the racket is engineered with the Nano power frame, it features excellent elasticity, restorability, and grip. You can be sure of the exceptional performance of this badminton racket as it renders a perfect combination of strength and flexibility.
- A professional racket that is been designed to last
- Good for competition level play for both singles and doubles match
- Comes pre-strung in a carrying bag.
- The grip of the racket is not impressive
This is one of the best “value for money” rackets designed for elite players looking for precision and durability during intense games. Like most high-end rackets, this is made entirely of carbon fiber material, ensuring high robustness without increasing weight. This also helps in increasing the string tension without deforming the frame.
The next interesting thing about this racket is its weight. Since the whole construction is made from the carbon fiber material, the racket weighs just 85 grams, making it well suitable for prolonged gaming without hurting the wrist. The weight balance is shifted towards the head, passing more power for better smashes.
Like very few rackets in the market, this one comes with an in-built T-joint and stiff shaft. This ensures the racket is free from sudden breakage or getting loosened. The mix of heavy head and stiff shaft ensures balanced power and control.
- Made of high-quality carbon fiber – high strength within less weight
- Weigh just 85 grams – You won’t feel the fatigue
- Overall construction perfectly balances power and control
- The grip is not too soft, ensuring good power without compromising on grip
- The heavy head is good for power smashes
- Rigid shaft ensures greater control
- In-built T-joint ensures strong build and avoids sudden failure
- The frame feels a little delicate
If you are looking for a racket that has perfectly balanced power and control, and you don’t worry much about the higher price tag, this one is for you. It has all the elements to satisfy a mid-level player. The lightweight construction, medium-stiff shaft and the isometric head gives it an all-round performance. The grip of the racket is really good to provide an ample level of comfort without compromising speed and control.
Overall, it’s a well-balanced racket comes at a premium price tag.
Yonex muscle power 3 is a great entry-level racket to satisfy the needs of a beginner and intermediate player. The racket falls in the 3U weight category, weighing 90-95 grams. The frame of the racket is made of aluminum while the shaft is made with graphite and carbon fiber. The heavy construction of the racket makes it live typically longer.
The frame used here is isometric, which focuses on a higher hit rate. But the heavier construction and medium flex shaft allow more power to the head, which is great for hitting some nice smashes.
The combination of isometric head and heavy construction gives it an edge over its competitors in the same price range. The features are just aimed at starters and recreational players.
- Heavy nature promotes powerful smashes
- The highly affordable price tag makes it a hot seller
- Medium stiff shaft gives the best mix of power and control
- The strong build makes it highly durable
- The isometric head provides a larger sweet spot area
- Overall height is a bit short than other Yonex rackets – You can feel the difference in the swing
- String tension is on the lower side – not for tournaments
On the whole, the Yonex Muscle Power 3 is a great choice for beginners and recreational players. If you use it for casual gaming and for practice sessions, you won’t get disappointed. The solid build actually can live longer than expected. However, the string tension is on the lower side making it unsuitable for elite players. So, if you are looking for a racket for real tournaments, you should consider something premium.
This racket is manufactured by Champion sports is admired for its sturdy nature and wonderful value for money for the features it offers.
The double steel shaft ensures great rigidity and strength and twist resistance. But the use of a double shaft has increased the weight of the racket substantially. It has a tangential intersection of the dual shafts with the frame rather than a traditional T-joint which is prone to get broken.
This racket is tightly stringed with a heavy-duty nylon string at 18-29 lbs. tension. Though it’s not as stiff as other string cores, it’s still good for beginners and intermediate players. It also has better ergonomics with a dimpled hand grip of standard G4 size. The dimpled grip offers utmost comfort and stays intact in your palm.
- Strong build for prolonged lifespan
- Double shaft offers impeccable strength and twist resistance
- Nice dimpled grip for comfort and control
- Nylon string with 18-20 lbs. of tension is decent enough for intermediate players
- The frame is strong enough to hold the string at extra tension than the one provided in the stock
- No problems due to external T-joints
- Dual shaft construction makes it considerably heavier than its competitors. However, it helps in smashes
- Though the frame is strong enough to hold extra tension, the stock racket comes with low tension nylon string
Champion sports double steel frame is one of the best rackets around the world for the price paid. The build quality is just awesome and nothing to complain about. The strong build translates into prolonged lifespan.
If you are looking for a durable racket for recreational use and practices, this one can teach or improve your skill set with ease. Though it is heavy, the feedback offered is not bad and holds well in your palm.
The heavy nature of this racket is not friendly for serious tournaments. If you are looking for a sturdy racket for recreational use or in the mid-level of expertise, this one ticks all the right boxes.
For intermediate players, it’s hard to select the best racket as they are in the mid-phase.
Don’t be in a hurry while choosing the best racket for you. All of them may look similar. But the minute differences in the specifications can impact the gaming performance greatly. Always know what suits you and never compromise on a racket due to the price.
It’s more important to consider the effectiveness and comfort than the price when choosing from this list top badminton rackets for intermediate players.